Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
07-08-2007, 03:12 PM #1
Step by step guide to convert dvd,video,flash to iphone
- Join Date
- Jul 2007
- Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
This guide includs six parts as follow:
Part 1: How to convert DVD movie to iPhone (Windows)
Part 2: How to convert AVI, WMV, MPEG, RM, RMVB, ASF, MOV, DivX, XviD, MPG to iPhone MP4 or H264 format (Windows)
Part 3: How to convert DVD movie to iPhone on Mac OS.
Part 4: How to convert video to iPhone on Mac OS.
Part 5: How to add movie and video to iPhone.
Part 6: How to convert flash, swf to iPhone.
How to convert DVD movie to iPhone (Windows)
1. Download the latest version DVD to iPhone Converter + iPhone Movie/Video Converter Suit, and install it. You can know more about it by referring here.
2. Insert the DVD you'd like to convert to your computer's DVD drive.
3. Click 'File' menu and 'Open DVD', or directly hit 'Open DVD' button to load the DVD. Set the profile to be iPhone 480*320 mpeg-4 video which is the default DVD video quality.
4. Click around in the DVD's menu to set up DVD playback as you like, select the subtitle and audio sound tracks etc, then begin to play the movie through the software by click the play button.
5. The following window will pop up. Here, you can rename 'Title Name', set 'Save Path' and output quality, then click 'Yes' button to start ripping DVD to iPhone MP4 or iPhone H264 video from the point that the movie starts. That is all. Just so easy!
If you'd like to record from certain time point, or want to change some parameters like 'output format', 'video bitrates', 'frame rate', 'audio bitrates', please click 'No' button to close the window.
Optional parameters settings
* Select subtitles and languages
Click 'Subtitle' or 'Audio Track' in the 'Setting' menu, choose the related value you like.
* Set output formats
Choose the target file format from 'Profile'. The software supports converting DVD to iPhone 480*320 MP4 video,iPod MP4 video, iPod h264 video, MP3 audio.
* Set the start time to convert
Use the video playback controls to queue up the point at which you want to start ripping. Or click 'Setting -> Go to' and jump to previous/next chapter.
* More parameters
Click 'Setting -> Output video settings', here you can choose different profile, video/audio bitrates, video size, disable video/audio, aspect ratio, frame/sample rate, etc.
If you are not familiar with these options, please view the descriptions listed at the bottom of the window.
*Crop/cut&Resize the movie
If you want to make the widescreen dvd(16:9) to be outputted as fullscreen(4:3) video, you can use the crop function.
Set Crop to "Crop both black bands" and resize to be "stretch to full screen" if you don't need to keep the subtitle.
Set crop to "Crop the upper black band" so you can keep the subtitle in the down black band.
If you want to rip you DVD movie into one whole file, please use the direct ripping mode described above.
If you want to rip your DVD by chapters to into separated output files (for example your music DVDs, TV Episode DVDs), you can use the batch conversion rip mode, just ticket out the titles you want to convert and click convert.
You can switch this two modes by clicking on the mode-Direct&Batch.
7. Hit 'Convert' button, choose the recording time point and quality, then click 'Yes' to begin to convert DVD to iPhone video or audio quickly.
8. After ripping, transfer the converted files to iTunes, and then sync to iPhone.
How to convert movies to iPhone video (H.264, MP4) and iPhone audio (MP3, AAC, WAV), AVI to iPhone, MPEG to iPhone, WMV to iPhone, MOV to iPhone, DivX to iPhone, Xvid to iPhone, DVR-MS to iPhone, RM to iPhone, RMVB to iPhone, ASF to iPhone, AVS to iPhone, MPG to iPhone
1. First download DVD to iPhone Converter + iPhone Video Converter Suite, install and run it. For more features about it, you can visiting here.
2. Click 'Open file' button to load the video file(s) you'd like to convert. The iPhone converter software supports batch conversion mode.
3. The default output format is iPhone 480*320 Mpeg-4 video. If you'd like to change this, click "Profile" button, set the output format to iPhone 480*320 mpeg4 video, iPod MP4 video, iPod h264 video or iPhone audio (MP3). Here, you can also set video size, frame rate and more.
4. Hit 'Convert' button to start converting video to iPhone.
5. Transfer the converted video or audio files to iTunes library and sync them to iPhone.
1. Why occour a message: 'MPEG2Dec: Error during decoder initialisation' or 'unable to read from EVIDEO_TS\vts_01_1.vob' everytime I put any DVD in?
Check that you select the correct DVD driver. If not, please select the correct DVD driver path.
2. Audio is out of sync with the video or no audio
There are someone says audio is out of sync with the video or no audio at all when they used videora iphone converter, cucusoft dvd to iphone converter or pqdvd dvd to iphone video converter. It seems that there is no software can work well for ALL users and ALL DVDs.
In fact, you might as well resolve the problem trying the following one by one.
A. DVD to iPhone Converter: Click "Setting -> Input settings".
(a) Check "Audio/Video Synchronisation".
(b) Set "Deinterlace filter" to "None".
(c) Set "Output frame rate" to other values.
B: iPhone Video Converter: Click "Advance", change 'framerate' to 23.976 or 29.97 in 'Video settings'.
If it doesn't work, might as well change a DVD movie to test. If still doesn't work, try another softwares.
Load your DVD movie, set the mode you'd like to rip, and Click 'Record it'.
3. Still doesn't Work
iPhone official support page: http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/
iTunes official support page: http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/
How to Convert Rip DVD to iPhone (for Mac users)?
DVD to iPhone Converter provides several default iPhone video profiles, which you can use converting your DVD to iPhone Video MP4 formats. The profiles will help you get the video you like such as minimal size video, high quality video, etc. It also has many settings you can customize, for example, convert DVD to iPhone mp4 video by custom file size through setting video bit rate, rip DVD’s any titles or chapters, select target subtitle and audio track. You can get adjustable video what you want to play on your HD TV through iPhone.
DVD to iPhone Converter for Mac also can rip DVD movie to iPhone straight with high video quality. It supports converting an entire DVD to one video file, and also supports ripping any segment by setting "start time" and "end time".
1.Download the latest "DVD to iPhone Mac Suite Converter" or "DVD to iPhone converter for Mac", install and run it. For more features about it, you can visit here.
2.Insert the DVD movie you'd like to rip into the DVD drive,
3.Click "DVD" button to load your DVD, select the output format and set the optional parameters like audio track and subtitle,
4.Hit 'Convert' to start the iPod DVD conversion process.
How to convert videos to iPhone (for Mac)?
iPhone Video Converter for Mac can not only convert AVI, MOV, MPEG, DivX, WMV, VOB, XviD to iPod video MP4, but also extract/convert media files to iPod audio M4a, MP3 on Mac, also it support batch conversion.
1.Free download "DVD to iPhone Mac Suite Converter" or "iPhone Video Converter for Mac" install and run. You can visit here for more info about the software.
2.Load your video files by click the 'Add' button
3.Set your the audio channels, video size and frame rate etc or you can leave it to the default setting.
4.Click the "Encode" button, that's it!
How to transfer video to iPhone.
You need iTunes version 7.30 or later to sync music and video to iPhone.
If you don’t have iTunes yet, you can download free from here.
If you already have iTunes, just create a play list; drag your music and video to the list (set your iTunes to “manually manage music and video”), connect your iPhone to computer via USB cable, then click iTunes “File -> Sync iPhone”, Done.
How to convert flash, swf to iPhone
1. Download flash to iPod Converter from here, intall and run.
2. Click "Add Flash", load your Flash (.swf) movie or video files.
Tips: You can play the swf file by clicking "Play" button.
3. Click "Convert Now!" to start converting swf flash to iPod mp4 video format.
Tips: (optional) Before converting, you might as well set "Output folder" to somewhere you like.
Trouble Shooting: No audio or the audio is low
If you play the iPod video files you converted and find that audio is a little bit lower or there is no audio at all, please check your Volume control for your audio device and select "Stereo Mix" or "Wave out Mix" as the recording source in the Recording Control window, and then reconvert.
a) Right Click the "Volume" button in the taskbar, choose "Adjust Audio Properties".
b) Go to "Audio" tab, click "Volume" from "Sound Recording" area.
c) Select "Wave out Mix" or "Stereo Mix".
07-08-2007, 04:30 PM #2
Nice. I use Visual Hub, but thats a good tut. Your software?.
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
07-08-2007, 05:49 PM #3
I love Visual Hub, been using it for a long time now.
07-08-2007, 11:23 PM #4
Anybody know how to convert *.mkv's to iphone in Mac OS X?
07-08-2007, 11:42 PM #5
07-09-2007, 06:50 AM #6
08-28-2007, 01:00 AM #7
i have converted the office episodes into .mp4 files using the cucusoft software. and when i add it to itunes i can play it but when i try to sync it says that the iphone is unable to play this file. any ideas?
08-28-2007, 01:08 AM #8
I have found itunes not liking long file names which seem to be the common on some downloaded files; simply rename them and you should be good to go assuming the video size is correct. Also, I am new to iTunes so this could all be wrong speculation.
06-09-2009, 03:09 PM #9
I use Cucusoft and it works well, but lags on anything more than 2 hours long. Is this only me?
06-09-2009, 06:47 PM #10
Great tutorial - thanks! I actually just resort to purchasing movies from the app store (if it's under 9.99) if I thought it was really great.
12-02-2011, 03:24 AM #11
It's quite long since i have been looking to convert DVD to iPhone, and finally i could find a reliable DVD to iPhone converter software that did it for me, i am using Windows. Now, i have managed converting the videos to iPhone and need to transfer the same, so can this be done with the utility itself or i need to opt for some other way out. Thanks for any advice of yours and yes thanks for the conversion guidelines.