+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Feel nervous: should I keep my unlocked iphone?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I got an iphone a week ago and successfully unlocked it so that I can use an old ATT SIM I have (better plan) and use other SIMS when I'm
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Feel nervous: should I keep my unlocked iphone?
    I got an iphone a week ago and successfully unlocked it so that I can use an old ATT SIM I have (better plan) and use other SIMS when I'm abroad. However, I'm starting to feel nervous about what will happen with the next firmware update, and also about what will happen if the phone needs warranty service. I LOVE it, but am wondering if it will be worth it...

The whole beauty of the iphone is that its functionality can be significantly upgraded over time, but nobody knows if we'll be able to do that and keep it unlocked. There's also no track record with these phones - they might develop serious issues in the future and Apple will refuse to touch it. Because of this I'm beginning to think I should return it and get a regular phone. I love the iphone, but sadly I feel Apple has ruined the pleasure by locking it down. unfortunately, it will be really hard to use another phone after this..

Any thoughts? Anything I should consider before I take it back?

Thanks...

Thanks

who says you have to update your phone. Im not updating when 1.1.1 comes out - the phone will still function perfect. There's no reason to be afraid. If apple decideds to make it so we cant jailbreak anymore someone will come up with another method to do it again - that's how it's always worked for gizmo's and gadgets! Have fun, don't stress man its just a phone
    Hit Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I Asked Apple Yesterday If The Unlock Voids The Waranty And They Said It Does Not Because It Is A Software Based Unlock, But If You Open Your Phone Your Warranty Goes Down The Drain.

iPhone? More like MyPhone FrogsOblivious's Avatar
    Thanks

Just remember, you never HAVE to upgrade. It will definitely take a few days for people to update their programs to work on new firmware, but who cares? You'll be 100% fine with the previous firmware for a while while the developers make sure their programs work. Worst case scenario is you'll finally have to update and restore your phone, then run the new and improved unlock program again. Shouldn't be a problem, IMO.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

just chill... everyones herre is telling the truth...its cool