+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Safari issues

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Although i am a pc user, and will be forever, i bought an iphone on the 30th. it is an incredible product. Since this is my first post i will
    Thanks

Red face Safari issues
    Although i am a pc user, and will be forever, i bought an iphone on the 30th. it is an incredible product. Since this is my first post i will babble for a min. i am dissapointed in what most people are complaining about. Slow browsing on EDGE, no A2DP support, only a horizontal keyboard while in safari, you know, the normal stuff. To truly convert me to Apple, i want to see if Apple lives up to it's reputation and releases updates for all of the things the iphone is lacking. Don't get me wrong, 15 minutes after i took it out i told my wife that i would have paid $2000 for it (it's that good!) but on the same token i would like to see apple move and update with new technology. Basically in 6 months i don't want to be stuck holding a $600 piece of garbage when they come out with the next version. Has any one ever approached them with an upgrade program similar to the one that valentine radar detectors have? Pay as you upgrade?
    Well enough said. You know, "baby steps" for us pc users.

Now to my issues:
    Safari browser will periodically kick me out of random websites.
    mostly when inputting info in dialouge boxes. i called apple tech support (they were very nice and not in India) and they proceeded to restore my phone. no problem, but unfortunately it did not solve the problem. i cannot recreate the issue on cue, but it is still happening at least once a day, sometimes more often.
    has anyone had the same issue? been able to fix it?
    or are we doomed to waiting for the next update?

Thank you for allowing me to rant for a minute. all future posts will be kept short.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

I'm sure they are releasing a firmware update soon, but the fact is at the moment its a little buggy... those issues are common with everyone.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Green Apple
    Thanks

pc, as a long time windows and mac user, I can assure you that your Apple experience regarding updates will be drastically different from your Microsoft experience. I purchased a first-gen iPod and was amazed for years at new features being added in upgrades. If not for that experience and for my experience with Mac OS X 10.0 on, I would have been more hesitant to become an iPhone early adopter. But I have no doubt that we will be very satisfied by how Apple updates our software. And I doubt very much Apple will charge for anything less than major updates just like it does with its system software.

previously known as amalone87
    Thanks

Yes it has happened to me some, but it's not that big of an issue for me. I would like it to be fixed in a future update. I am the same way, if Apple wants to convert me, then come out with updates and keep the 1st Gen iPhone current even after the 2nd Gen iPhone is released.

iPhone? More like MyPhone editwizard's Avatar
    Thanks

Safari kicks me out on occasion - I've attributed it mostly to having several browser windows open as well as some funky behavior on an office wifi router (we have a ton of interference in our building).

This does happen less often at home on my verizon fios internet and also a little bit using the Edge network. I've also had it kick me out of Google Maps app.

Recently I noticed that when syncing with iTunes there was a quick message that said it was sending information to Apple (like crash reports) but I think I only saw that happen once.

I started with Windows 3.0 and thought Macs were a joke up until OS X, then started using them this past year for work and personal use... needless to say I dread using Windows for anything now! Macs have made me enjoy using computers again.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

Yah, I am getting the same random kicks. Its most annoying like when I'm trying to login to a site, etc, and have to navigate back through the whole process.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews