+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wow...so someone stole my iPhone!!!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Sorry I don't know if this is the place to rant but it has been a crappy day. So my GF bought me an iPhone for my bday but the
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Wow...so someone stole my iPhone!!!
    Sorry I don't know if this is the place to rant but it has been a crappy day. So my GF bought me an iPhone for my bday but the stores in my area were all out so she ordered one online from the apple store. So the package comes and I am excited, but as soon as the delivery guy hands it to me I noticed that it was EXTREMELY light (like a feather). I proceed to open the package which looks a little suspicious and all there inside is the bubble wrap and my order slip. I was like WTF??!! I flagged the delivery guy and refused the package and he noted that I refused the package because the box was empty. After that got taken care of I called apple and now they have to do some inquiry which takes 3-5 business days and then after that they will expedite a new one to me. so pretty much I have to wait a week longer now . anyone else know of or had any experience like this when you ordered your iphone online from the apple store?
    Last edited by Mr.P; 09-21-2007 at 09:34 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

it's not the apple store's fault man
    it's the courier guys, not necessarily the guy who came to ur door.
    I head once that someone ordered an iPod, and got soap instead.
    Don't worry, u'll get ur phone.
    Best Regards

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pengcm View Post
    it's not the apple store's fault man
    it's the courier guys, not necessarily the guy who came to ur door.
    I head once that someone ordered an iPod, and got soap instead.
    Don't worry, u'll get ur phone.
    yea, i know its not apple's fault im just bummed i have to wait longer while they do what they have to do in resolving the issue. its crazy though, i wonder how the courier people knew that an iphone was in the package.

Thanks

Im a delivery man, and i just got an iphone, THAT WAS YOU....
    just kidding im only 15

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

that does suck, but hey at least you will be getting one. And good call on opening it right away

Thanks

that's so lame! Geez.. Hope that postal worker is brought to justice! Sorry bro

But yeah at least you opened it then.. If not you might have had a hard time proving that as anyone could just open their box replace something in there and attempt to pull a scam like that yanno?

Thanks

didnt u report delivery company they will investigate it.....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same thing happened to me with, except with a Zune player! Dell said that DHL delivered it to my door..(STOOPID)! Then DHL said that someone signed for it.
    "BS", says I..."show me the f#$%ing signature!" Which, of course, they could not produce. STILL waiting for my refund after a month and a half!!! GO DELL...NOT!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slbgeo View Post
    Same thing happened to me with, except with a Zune player! Dell said that DHL delivered it to my door..(STOOPID)! Then DHL said that someone signed for it.
    "BS", says I..."show me the f#$%ing signature!" Which, of course, they could not produce. STILL waiting for my refund after a month and a half!!! GO DELL...NOT!
    after a couple calls to apple today, i am glad that im not in your unfortunate position slbgeo (good luck with that btw). apparently, when i called apple the first time they told me that only after the inquiry (which could take 3-5 days) they would send me a replacement. after calling again later with some additional questions, the gentlemen who helped me said that the replacement process actually hasn't even been initiated yet and that he would get it started for me. I checked my replacement status and it looks like i should get my iphone within the next couple days. im excited to start modding! apple's customer service gets a :thumbsup: from me.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slbgeo View Post
    Wow I didn't think people were even buying Zunes, much less stealing them. j/k sorry to hear about that