+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to change from one iPhone to another?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, I just would like some help. My friend is getting the new 3GS this summer, so he is giving me his 3G. My current phone is 1st Gen iPhone.
    Thanks

Default How to change from one iPhone to another?
    Hi,

I just would like some help. My friend is getting the new 3GS this summer, so he is giving me his 3G. My current phone is 1st Gen iPhone. My plan will be upgraded to the new $30/mo data plan, so there's no issue there. I just would like to know how to shift from current iPhone to the one I'll be getting from my friend. Do I just connect his iPhone to my computer? Will that let me wipe out his iPhone and re-activate with my number? I'd like to know what to do and be prepared. Thank you for your help in advance

iPhone? More like MyPhone dangerousandre's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenTequila View Post
    Hi,

I just would like some help. My friend is getting the new 3GS this summer, so he is giving me his 3G. My current phone is 1st Gen iPhone. My plan will be upgraded to the new $30/mo data plan, so there's no issue there. I just would like to know how to shift from current iPhone to the one I'll be getting from my friend. Do I just connect his iPhone to my computer? Will that let me wipe out his iPhone and re-activate with my number? I'd like to know what to do and be prepared. Thank you for your help in advance
    Just take your simcard out of your 1st gen iphone and put it into the one he's giving you. Then plug the phone into your computer to set up your account and what not.

Thanks

ok so if im readin this right ur gettin his iphone 3g n u want it to work for ur sim n u already have iphone. if u restore in itunes with correct firmware all his stuff will b gone an u can set up urs. u shuldnt have to activate it cuz at skool i didnt restore it or anythin but i jus switched my friend n my sim card n his worked on my phone. so to hopefully sum this up n make sense jus restore with correct firmware n put ur sim in and u shuld b done.
    If I helped you in any way slap that thanks button

Subscribe to me on YouTube
    Follow me on Twitter