Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't get calls while in standby

Default Can't get calls while in standby
    I have noticed that after 5 minutes in standby mode, the iPhone does not receive calls.
    I tried calling my iPhone, and it rings once or twice, and then a busy signal.
    Has anyone else had this issue, and/or ways to resolve it. I would hate to have to return it.

Note that sometimes while the iPhone's EDGE connection is activated, phone calls will be diverted to voicemail.
    Best Regards

I will try disabling EDGE, but I tried calling myself and the phone just kept ringing (approx 10 mins), and nothing, the iPhone would not pick up the call.

Turns out EDGE wasn't enabled at all. I know I am not the only one with this problem, I have been on other forums where other users were experiencing the same problem.
    Last edited by SureStoreX; 09-21-2007 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

SureStoreX - did you solve this problem. I am experiencing it too.

Default Can't get calls while in standby
    Did anyone of you solved the this problem ??
    I 'm also facing the same issue.. no ring while in standby mode..

Thanks a lot!

GREAT NEWS! We have a fix!

Erica Sadun has been good enough to create an app for me that sorts this problem! You need to have SummerBoard installed. The app creates a file (/tmp/SummerBoard.DisablePowerManagement) which allows the phone to be put on hold without having to have music playing.

The app needs to be run everytime the phone is reboot, as it's just a temp file. But saves battery life compared to the 'loop music' workaround.

The app can be found here..

If it is handy, please throw some money over to FaithInPractice, per Erica's writeup here: