Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't get calls while in standby

Default Can't get calls while in standby
    I have noticed that after 5 minutes in standby mode, the iPhone does not receive calls.
    I tried calling my iPhone, and it rings once or twice, and then a busy signal.
    Has anyone else had this issue, and/or ways to resolve it. I would hate to have to return it.

Thanks

Note that sometimes while the iPhone's EDGE connection is activated, phone calls will be diverted to voicemail.
    Best Regards

I will try disabling EDGE, but I tried calling myself and the phone just kept ringing (approx 10 mins), and nothing, the iPhone would not pick up the call.

Turns out EDGE wasn't enabled at all. I know I am not the only one with this problem, I have been on other forums where other users were experiencing the same problem.
    Last edited by SureStoreX; 09-21-2007 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

SureStoreX - did you solve this problem. I am experiencing it too.

Default Can't get calls while in standby
    Did anyone of you solved the this problem ??
    I 'm also facing the same issue.. no ring while in standby mode..

Thanks a lot!

GREAT NEWS! We have a fix!

Erica Sadun has been good enough to create an app for me that sorts this problem! You need to have SummerBoard installed. The app creates a file (/tmp/SummerBoard.DisablePowerManagement) which allows the phone to be put on hold without having to have music playing.

The app needs to be run everytime the phone is reboot, as it's just a temp file. But saves battery life compared to the 'loop music' workaround.

The app can be found here.. http://ericasadun.com/ftp/Misc/JohnTool/

If it is handy, please throw some money over to FaithInPractice, per Erica's writeup here: http://ericasadun.com/ftp/Applications/SendFile/