+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unable to put music on my iphone...

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Okay, I bought an iphone yesterday and i get it all connected (after my itunes upgraded to 7.4) and when i try to drag music on to the iphone it
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy Unable to put music on my iphone...
    Okay, I bought an iphone yesterday and i get it all connected (after my itunes upgraded to 7.4) and when i try to drag music on to the iphone it just gives me the circle with a line through it...

I searched the forums and couldn't find anything, maybe my wording is off. Any ideas from anyone? I connected my nano and it works fine. I tried adding songs to a playlist and dropping the playlist on to the iphone and that doesn't work either.

Help?

iPhone? More like MyPhone NVMY4N's Avatar
    Thanks

If Im not mistaken you should create folders/playlists, under music.

then connect the iphone. under the YourName Iphone - Music Tab - then you will Check Sync music - or the option to sync specific playlists, which will be listed in the box below. check which playlists you want sync'd

hope this helps, Im not a master of the iPhone by far but hopefully this will get you on the right track.

Thanks

yup! NVMY4N is right, unlike your ipod...you can't just drag and drop music files into your iphone.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    anyone know how we can get drag and drop working :S this syncin is peeing me off

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I just made a playlist in iTunes called *iPhone*. Because of the stars it sits at the top of the list.
    I just drag and drop any songs I want into this playlist - and in the music sync settings I only choose this playlist.
    A simple way around it!

iPhone? More like MyPhone aglitch's Avatar
    Thanks

When I try to sync my iphone to itunes it syncs and I can add music, but whenever I want to add more music it deletes the music I have on the iPhone and just adds the new stuff. Any idea why?

If I create a playlist "iphone" and just add new music on there, I suppose it will work because it will just delete the music I had and re-add the same music with the new songs I added to the playlist. But this doesn't seem right, it shouldn't have to do that.

So I created a playlist and I added songs to it and now its on my iPhone, but I still can't drag and drop songs onto my playlist under my phone. is anything supposed to be checked off under the summary tab? Under the music tab I have selected the sync music button and the selected play list. What am I doing wrong/missing? Thanks
    Last edited by aglitch; 10-23-2007 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You can't use drag and drop on ipods and iphones. You can drag music files to itunes (atleast on the mac platform) but not on the ipod icons itself. You need itunes to do the song transfer to your music player.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

just change your settings to "Manually manage music and videos"

Thanks

Holy old thread bump!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I know...but I hate when I find a thread that never got resolution.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How do i change my settings to that??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

click on your ipod device in itunes, it should be on "summary" at the top of the screen. click on music to the right of "summary" and tick the box that says sync music. then tick the box "selected playlists, artists, albums and genres". then un-tick the rest of the boxes. do the same for videos. now you should be able to sync manually.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Musc sync
    All the above seems a real help however when I am going to the music tab I am unable to change the boxes from entire music library to specific playlists, any reasons for this?