Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help me to unlock my Iphone

My iPhone is a Part of Me vietkool's Avatar
    Thanks

Angry Please help me to unlock my Iphone
    Hello all,

I just got an Iphone for my birthday, but I am still under contract with T-mobile. So I like to use my Iphone on T-mobile service. Can any1 help me how to unlock the Iphone. step - by step ... I am so noobs about this . I try to have a phone dealer to do it but they cost me $175.00 hmmm kindda rip-off

Vk

Well first of all....

You posted in the iTouch forum not the iPhone forum...

And if you look around this site, you will find out how to unlock your iphone. Also you can find the wikipedia entry on how to unlock the iphone.

Thanks

I am sorry, I posted to the wrong box, Mod please move this thread to correct box

thanks

I try to use my PC to do it but get to an restore to a factory step ... that's all ... I dont know what to do next ..
    please help
    Last edited by vietkool; 09-20-2007 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

http://ibrickr.com/downloads/ibrickr_v0.8.zip Downlaod this....
    save the zip file to your desktop....
    open the zip file and click the file that ays Ibrickr.exe....
    After I brickr recognizes your Iphone, if you havent already it will jailbreak your Iphone....
    After the this click the Application link....Then click Browse Applications.....
    Immidiatily you should see a picture of a red lock called anysim... download it(click it)...
    wait about 30 seconds.....
    You should see a new app on you iphone, anysim....
    click it, the rest is pretty explanitory....

Thanks

how do I check the firmware in my Iphone now ... I am using pc NOT Mac, and if not a verison 1.0.2, how do I flash the firmware to 1.0.2 b4 doing a jail-break ?

Thanks

ok, I did try all the steps, it seem working ... now I can slide the bar to unlock the fone, but I dont see the Carrier add-on tab at all ?
    note: I luck this iphone w/ the SIM card came with it. If I like to use my T-moblie SIM card from my old phone, can I use it or not ?

this mean the Iphone is unlock or not ?
    and can I you my SIM on my old phone put in the Iphone and it works ?
    how do I open the Iphone case to slide SIM card in ?

srry .. fisrt time doing this ... so nubs
    Last edited by vietkool; 09-21-2007 at 01:20 PM. Reason: more info

Quote Originally Posted by vietkool View Post
    ok, I did try all the steps, it seem working ... now I can slide the bar to unlock the fone, but I dont see the Carrier add-on tab at all ?
    note: I luck this iphone w/ the SIM card came with it. If I like to use my T-moblie SIM card from my old phone, can I use it or not ?

this mean the Iphone is unlock or not ?
    and can I you my SIM on my old phone put in the Iphone and it works ?
    how do I open the Iphone case to slide SIM card in ?

srry .. fisrt time doing this ... so nubs
    Yes, if you properly unlocked your phone that means you can plug any T-Mobile simcard into it (obviously one that has already been activated).
    The one from your old phone will work.

Opening the phone to slide the SIM card out is extremely simple, if you haven't already figured it out, look at the top of the phone. There is a tiny hole about the size of a small paper clip (not the normal size). I personally used a sewing needle (dunno if that was best idea but it worked fine). Grab it and push it in there, and don't worry, it does take more pressure than I thought it would.
    Pop that AT&T sim out and throw your T-Mobile in. (Just like anyother unlocked phone)
    Away you go.

BTW, If I am wrong about any of this and someone else comes accross my thread, please correct me, I have started working on my phone only 3 weeks ago but I believe the above information is correct.

Good Luck.