Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: For Those That Are Waiting To Use Skype In iPhone!!!

Default For Those That Are Waiting To Use Skype In iPhone!!!
    Well, I've gotten the iPhone and I've installed the new Mac version of SoonR and the latest update of Skype.

Using SoonR is interesting. You can open specified directories on your computer directly through the iPhone's Safari web browser. You can also see skype and a menu of your buddies and the option to make a call.

Apparently once you make a call, Skype makes the connection and calls you back. So if I'm dialing from overseas, I still would need to pay for the minutes on incoming calls which with AT&T are expensive incoming or outgoing.

Peep this and let me know how it works for you !!

http://www.soonr.com/web/front/home.jsp

I just set this up and made a crystal clear skype call. Works perfectly. I have not tried the file transfers stuff yet.

Thanks for that tip, I have been longing for skype on iphone.

Files transfers seem to work well. Plus you can view pdf of your documents. I just loaded a 5Mb powerpoint onto safari. Very slick.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the great suggestion.

I just found out about the telekinesis 'app' yesterday... I had no idea there was a post-alpha file browsing option already out.

Out of curiosity, did anyone else on this thread experience a long delay waiting for the soonr sms validation?

Thanks again
    -Pat