+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Replacing your iPhone

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
This is just really an FYI if any of you are considering sending in your iPhone for replacement due to some of the known issues with the launch models (mine
    Thanks

Default Replacing your iPhone
    This is just really an FYI if any of you are considering sending in your iPhone for replacement due to some of the known issues with the launch models (mine was an over heating battery). While the overheating battery wasn't too bad other than a couple of freezes over the last week, it was still a nuisence. So I called Apple Customer Care for the iPhone, and after about an hour and a call back I got them to exchange the iPhone for me. They did the standard Q&A that comes with warrenty exchanges, and we knew within the first five minutes it could be exchanged (but because I live 2 hours away from any Apple store they had to get it approved for mail delivery). So after more questions about the iPhone, being on hold for 20 minutes, and a call back I get the service iPhone (just a replacement while I wait for my iPhone to get checked out/replaced) for free. Normally they charge you $29 for the service phone but due to my 'circumstances' I didn't have to pay for the loaner.

I just thought I'd inform you guys that you didn't neccessarily have to go ahead and pay that $29 fee for the service phone if you complain enough (which I didn't at all, just explained to them i need a phone for my business and they were more than happy to waive the fee). But they will require a credit card number just incase you decide not to give it back/break it.

Even though the whole process took about an hour of my time it was very painless and easy to understand. Apple's customer care was excellent.

-AidenN-

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

Good to know. Thanks for the share!

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aidenn View Post
    This is just really an FYI if any of you are considering sending in your iPhone for replacement due to some of the known issues with the launch models (mine was an over heating battery). While the overheating battery wasn't too bad other than a couple of freezes over the last week, it was still a nuisence. So I called Apple Customer Care for the iPhone, and after about an hour and a call back I got them to exchange the iPhone for me. They did the standard Q&A that comes with warrenty exchanges, and we knew within the first five minutes it could be exchanged (but because I live 2 hours away from any Apple store they had to get it approved for mail delivery). So after more questions about the iPhone, being on hold for 20 minutes, and a call back I get the service iPhone (just a replacement while I wait for my iPhone to get checked out/replaced) for free. Normally they charge you $29 for the service phone but due to my 'circumstances' I didn't have to pay for the loaner.

I just thought I'd inform you guys that you didn't neccessarily have to go ahead and pay that $29 fee for the service phone if you complain enough (which I didn't at all, just explained to them i need a phone for my business and they were more than happy to waive the fee). But they will require a credit card number just incase you decide not to give it back/break it.

Even though the whole process took about an hour of my time it was very painless and easy to understand. Apple's customer care was excellent.

-AidenN-
    How did you know if your battery was overheating because when i use my iphone, it gets very warm but i don't think the heat has caused any problems.

Thanks

It really wasn't causing too much of an issue, but I really just wanted to make sure it didn't cause an issue at all in the future. Each time that the phone froze, however, was when it was getting pretty hot.

-AidenN-

Livin the iPhone Life iphonejeff's Avatar
    Thanks

My iPhone use to freeze so I went to mac store and they replaced it quick....I didnt have to take the box or other things just iphone its self