Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I Cant Play Newer iPhone Games/Apps

Unhappy I Cant Play Newer iPhone Games/Apps
    I cant play the newer games like Tigerwoods golf and Top gun because you need to be on firmware 2.2.1 ans i am on 2.2. I dont want to update because i have my phone working sweet with cools themes and apps and i dont want to reinstall everything all over AGAIN. I was wondering if FW Changer will allow me to play these games if i change it to playable firmware?

Another thing is facebook crashes on me every 3 to 4 days and i have to delete and install new one everytime. Then after 3 to 4 days it starts cycle all over again..???

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I think FW Changer will only allow you to go down.. not up.

Thanks

Once you download the app you can actually edit it to play on a lower firmware. Download the app and open it using something like 7-zip. Once it's unzipped, there's a folder labeled 'Payload.' Somewhere inside that folder or a subfolder is a file called 'Info.plist.'

Open that plist with a plist editor. Search the board for one. You can search by my SN. There's a line that says:

<key>MinimumOSVersion</key>
    <string>2.1</string>

Edit the string to your reflect your firmware. Save the file. Rezip the file and rename it with a .ipa extension. Make sure you zip ALL the files. Sync and you're good.

One thing to keep in mind is that not all games will work very smoothly with your firmware. Some do. Some don't.

FWChanger will work fine.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.