Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can You Recommend A Good Video Converter for iPhone?

Default Can You Recommend A Good Video Converter for iPhone?
    Hi, guys! Can you guys recommend me a good video converter for the iPhone? I tried Xilisoft DVD to iPhone Converter, but it sucks big time. I need one that's small (no larger than 15MB) and easy to use. Thanks.

I dont know how big it is now, but AVS Video Converter 6 for windows, is EXCELLENT!
    You got so much control of setting the settings and the way you want the output video file to be!
    High Quality movies @ small size via H.264 codecs.
    The movie is also synced 100% with the audio and never had any problems regarding async movies.

Quote Originally Posted by jdys_1991 View Post
    I dont know how big it is now, but AVS Video Converter 6 for windows, is EXCELLENT!
    You got so much control of setting the settings and the way you want the output video file to be!
    High Quality movies @ small size via H.264 codecs.
    The movie is also synced 100% with the audio and never had any problems regarding async movies.
    jdys, thanks for the reply. I looked at AVS, but it's a bit heavy. I'm looking for something no bigger than 15 MB. Thanks anyway!.

Thanks

I'm not sure how big Videora is but check it out.

Thanks

I use WinAvi mp4. That works super fast with excellent quality. 2 hour movie done in 20-25 minutes.

You get the simpel choice speed vs. quality and filesize.
    I personally preffer FFmpeg for video conversion and got two scripts i use depending on my needs.
    If you wanna encode properly it's h.264 in a 2 pass encode.
    (Takes around 3 times normal playtime on my 2.2ghz dual core).
    But the quality is excelent. If there's any request i'll post my scripts. But it's rather dirty.

You get the simpel choice speed vs. quality and filesize.
    I personally preffer FFmpeg for video conversion and got two scripts i use depending on my needs.
    If you wanna encode properly it's h.264 in a 2 pass encode.
    (Takes around 3 times normal playtime on my 2.2ghz dual core).
    But the quality is excelent. If there's any request i'll post my scripts. But it's rather dirty.
    Last edited by furyfire; 05-04-2009 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If you are looking for just DVD ripping, go get HandBrake. It's free, has a built-in iPhone-quality setting, and as far as I know, doesn't have issues with copy-protected DVDs. It's the only DVD ripper I've used since getting my Mac, and I believe they have a Windows build as well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to n00neimp0rtant For This Useful Post:

HisNameIsAngel (05-05-2009)

Thanks

I use a program called Vio. It is a great program, its simple and quick. The movies converted are always top quality