Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3g Drops service and Fails all calls

Default Iphone 3g Drops service and Fails all calls
    Hey guys,
    I'm kind of in a pickle with this iphone 3g I purchased from a local person here on craigslist. I've tried it with a tmobile sim with a piggyback, and with a ATT 3g sim that I even tried activating the phone with, but I still have the same problem. The phone will not make phone calls. I can surf the internet, I can text message, use all the apps, but I cannot use it as a phone. The phone will drop service whenever I click on someone to call, and if someone is calling in, when I push answer all the bars go away and the phone tells me "call failed". The phone is running on 2.2.1 with a 2.30 baseband. I've tried numerous things but cannot seem to get the phone able to make a phone call. I tried jailbreaking, rejailbreaking, restoring to stock firmware, nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you in advance
    Chris

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Uninstall yell0wsn0w if its on there that will do it. Happed to lots of ppl

Thanks for the suggestion, but I got nothing. It currently wasnt installed, so I installed it them removed it, but still nothing.

The phone will work perfectly when a headphone or a headset is plugged in.
    Think this might be a hardware problem?
    Last edited by ho99ss; 05-04-2009 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost