+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Speaker phone, help!!!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
my iphone has given me no trouble so far, except recently the speaker phone is really distorted and sounds like the speaker may be blown?!?! for instance when i play
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Lightbulb Speaker phone, help!!!
    my iphone has given me no trouble so far, except recently the speaker phone is really distorted and sounds like the speaker may be blown?!?! for instance when i play a song with a lot of treble is sounds fine for the most part, but if that song has a good bit of bass it crackle and is really distoreed... i havent droped the phone or anything any idea what it is or how i can fix it? what would apple say if i took it up to the store? hopefully replace it right.!?!? anyways thanks for the help in advance.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,798 Times in 1,222 Posts

They may replace it. Is it different than it was before? It is definitely not meant for loud playback.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I think you might want to try different EQ settings. Or maybe "volume limit".

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i don't know if its any comfort, but the same thing has happened to mine. it sounds like its playing the song with a bitrate of about 32. really low. maybe try restoring? it could be a software problem i guess... i think i'm gonna try it out soon...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well, im shure that it is a messed up speaker, even when i play a ringtone it sounds distorted. just like it does if u have a blow speaker in your car. but the thing is that i never played loud music or droped my phone. right about now im really pissed about this. apple needs to fix my phone. i mean even when im on speaker phone talking to someone they sound like **** and i can barely hear them