+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weak iPhone Signal

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
*warning-try at your own risk, will void warranty* **intended for those who have no warranty, seeking alternative solutions** Hey guys, this is my first post. So hello.. so my problem
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Weak iPhone Signal
    *warning-try at your own risk, will void warranty* **intended for those who have no warranty, seeking alternative solutions**

Hey guys, this is my first post. So hello.. so my problem was that my phone had weak signal. Even in an area where my signal was full strength (was verified with another iPhone) so after restores and downgrades, I resorted to checking the antenna wires. Which in fact was the root of my problem. I followed this guide from youtube in removing the back cover.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1z0pw2VK7M&feature=related]YouTube - iPhone Screen Replacement & Disassemble/TakeApart Directions[/ame]
    I did not ending up taking off the ribbon connected to the back cover...(just be careful with it)
    Then I checked the white wire connections (shown here)

and my middle one was so loose, it just popped off after I nudged it a bit. Seems the glue had deteriorated, and from dropping it a few times, became loose...So I plugged it back in, and voila, had full signal once again! I can't guarantee everyone will see these results, and I STRESS, to try this at your own risk...I'm just merely giving my success story at how I went about solving my problem... Hope this helps someone... Thanks for reading.

Thanks

good topic Nemir : ) and for more instructions see my site

http://www.kknd.com.br/hardware/01/

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does this fix service signal or only wifi?

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

gsm service it would seem
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!