Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
General iPhone Chatforums, a part of the
How to save my Contacts from iPhone to Computer? Like they get saved in a text file or something. I am formatting my iphone and i want it saved on...
04-23-2009, 05:26 PM #1How to save my Contacts from iPhone to Computer?
How to save my Contacts from iPhone to Computer?
Like they get saved in a text file or something.
I am formatting my iphone and i want it saved on my comp. I dont care if they can be restored or not, but i should be able to see the list on computer.
04-23-2009, 05:40 PM #2
How i do that..step by step would be appreciated.
04-23-2009, 05:40 PM #3
just sync your iphone contacts with your computer in itunes.
04-23-2009, 05:44 PM #4
04-23-2009, 05:50 PM #5
1. plug your phone into your computer.
2. open itunes and click on your phone.
3. you will see a tab that says info.
4. click sync address book contacts
08-14-2009, 10:34 PM #6
08-14-2009, 11:24 PM #7
No, you won't loose them. Read the manual.
01-09-2014, 07:05 PM #8
How to transfer or sync iPhone contacts to your computer
If you want to transfer contacts with iTunes, follow the following steps:
1. From the Home screen, select Settings.
2. Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars and then scroll down and press Import SIM contacts. This will copy any phone numbers stored on the SIM to the memory of the iPhone.
3. Now connect your iPhone to your PC using a USB cable. If iTunes doesn't automatically open, press Start and select the program from the list.
4. Once iTunes has opened, press the iPhone icon that appears on the left-hand side of the iTunes window.
5. From the options displayed, click Info And then tick the box next to Sync Address Book and Contacts.
6. Now press Sync at the bottom of the screen and all your iPhone contacts will be copied to your PC.
Also you can read this thread from Apple Discussion: https://discussions.apple.com/message/24427431#24427431
Last edited by NicoKars; 01-12-2014 at 08:25 PM.
01-14-2014, 07:03 PM #9
I synced the contacts on my old iPhone to icloud and then after I set up my new iPhone I turned on the sync to download them to my new phone - then I turned icloud off.
08-04-2014, 09:57 PM #10
You can also save your data using iCloud.
08-05-2014, 09:44 PM #11
Use iCloud to sync the Contacts. Then enable it on your (new) device once upgraded. I leave Contacts ON on iCloud since that's the most important info I want if I ever lost my device.