+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: light seeping

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello everyone, I am new to post but a fan of these forums. I recently lost my 1G iPhone to the toilet.. and bought the 3G off my friend's friend
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default light seeping
    Hello everyone,

I am new to post but a fan of these forums. I recently lost my 1G iPhone to the toilet.. and bought the 3G off my friend's friend who had one for sell. The phone is great except I'm having some weird issues with the lcd light seeping through the screen. I can notice about 6 light sources that are behind the screen at the top but the two lights near the top right are seeping through most notably. It's very bothersome when viewing the phone at a certain angle and especially since I did not have this problem on my old phone. I have attached some photos to see what I mean. I wanted to see if anyone has seen this before and what's causing it. I also query if it is something I can fix by opening the phone.. any suggestions would be greatful, thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails light seeping-cimg1220.jpg   light seeping-cimg1222.jpg   light seeping-cimg1223.jpg   light seeping-cimg1225.jpg  

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Yeah, its just a slight variation with the seating of the LCD. (The LED's that light the screen line around it)

Most likely though, Apple would warranty it for you....so dont open it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Mmm.. I see.

I don't think my warranty is intact for this phone..

is it something easy to fix once I open the phone?

I'm willing to try if it's an easy fix once inside.

thanks for your advice.