+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone wifi becomes extremely slow

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Safari becomes useless at all in terms of opening a page with pictures. And I can not open any video on YouTube either - the only thing that seems to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iphone wifi becomes extremely slow
    Safari becomes useless at all in terms of opening a page with pictures. And I can not open any video on YouTube either - the only thing that seems to work is the google map

Everything was fine in the afternoon but now... Don't know what happens... Any idea ? Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default same issue
    I have the same problem. Wi-Fi on my laptop works perfect. But on the iPhone it is very very slow.

Any ideas how to solve this?

I am on an unprotected network, bu no other users using it and anysim unlocked iphone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone NVMY4N's Avatar
    Thanks

maybe try a network reset. :shrug:

I had an issue where it would show I was on Wi-Fi but wouldn't use it an the icon wouldn't switch from E edge to Wifi icon

Network reset fixed it. But it could be other issues. Do either of you have mods to it. if so list them. and Someone with greater knowledge should be able to help and have the needed info to do so.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I had the sorta the same issue as you. My WiFi was extremely slow and pretty much unusable with YouTube. My problem was solved once I unprotected my network. For some reason the encryption was slowing it down. Once I opened the network it's going very fast. I see you're already on an open network, but if other people have my problem hopefully that helps.