+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How can I get an albums artwork on songs I download not from itunes....?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I download a lot of my albums from torrents and websites. I own almost all of them on hard copy, but too lazy to put them into my computer and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question How can I get an albums artwork on songs I download not from itunes....?
    I download a lot of my albums from torrents and websites. I own almost all of them on hard copy, but too lazy to put them into my computer and rip them all, so I download. But when I put them in itunes and then to my iphone... there's no artwork for them, its all the black boxes with the music note in them. is there anyway to add the artwork for each album??? do I have to do each song separately? and HOW?! thanks guys! first post! This forum looks to be the best "i" forum to go to.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,460 Times in 1,264 Posts

iTunes - Advanced - Get album artwork

Will work as long as the songs have the correct labels

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Why not just take the extra effort into making good rips?

Theme Creator
    Thanks

You can also get album art from other web sites, and add them manually (iTunes doesn't always have the artist you want)...but if your are too lazy to drop a disc into the computer and press one button to rip it to iTunes, then I doubt that this is the right method for you. However, should you find yourself with a new found ambition, then you can do the following...

Option one (for albums and artists found on iTunes) Start by making sure that all of the information fields are correct.
    To do this right click on the song
    Select "Get info"
    Select the "info" tab
    Fill in the fields with the correct info. You will only need the "Name, Artist, Album" boxes to be filled in in order to get the album art from iTunes.
    Once these fields are correctly filled in (Be absolutely sure that everything is correct. Remember, Upper case/ lower case must also be correct) press "Ok"
    Now right click on the song again, and scroll down and select "Get artwork"
    iTunes will retrieve the correct artwork if you have everything listed above correct. If it doesn't get the artwork then go over the names in each field and double check each.

If you have several songs, say like an album, you can select several songs to edit at once (together). To do this...

Press and hold control, and at the same time, left click on each song you wish to edit.
    On the last song of the group you plan to edit, right click instead of left clicking. This will bring up the menu again.
    Select "get info". A warning box will pop up asking you if you are sure you want to edit all of these songs at once... press "Yes"
    Now you can change the name of the artist and album (or any other field for that matter, including the album artwork)all at the same time. This is much faster than selecting each song individually.
    Once you have finished editing the fields, press ok. Another warning box will open asking if you are sure that you want to change all of the songs...Select "yes"
    You can add or edit the entire album at once using this method

Option two (use this method for artists not found in iTunes)...
    Go to Amazon.com, and go into their music section.
    Search for the artist/ album you need the artwork for.
    There should be a picture of the album art on the page the album is on.
    Left click on the artwork, and a larger picture of the art will open.
    Right click on this picture, and select "copy". (if you plan on saving the artwork then and save the art to your desk top ( or perhaps another folder)
    Now go back to iTunes, select the song or songs using the method above.
    Once you are in the "info section of the song/songs, select the "artwork" tab.
    Now right click the area where the artwork should be, and select "paste".
    Now select 'Ok" and you now have the artwork.
    Remember that you can also use this method to add the artwork to several songs at once, using the same multiple select method listed above.

It sounds like a lot of work, but once you've done it a few times, you get quick. I hope this helps! I can't tell you how many songs I did using these methods, but I'm pretty much done now. Good luck.