Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.2.1 Cydia issue!

Default 2.2.1 Cydia issue!
    Hi all

First of all I' like to say thanks to all the people who put new Themes on modmyi without you people the iphone would still be dull!

I've got an iphone 3G whick has had Cydia installed on it for about 3 months. Last night 2 mates of mine and myself installed the new ICY app (devteam program) which for those of you who don't already know is Cydia but runs alot faster but with some less features.
    Since installing ICY my Cydia won't open?! I click on the Cydia icon, the black screen appears and says loading for about 5 secs then goes back to my springboard. It's really frustrating and i've searched the web for a solution but have drawn a blank!
    Can anyone advise a fix or a reason for this happening?

Thanks in advance

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

if you have bosspreffs or sbsettings try fixing directory access..
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Quote Originally Posted by seann33uk View Post
    if you have bosspreffs or sbsettings try fixing directory access..
    I've got both of these icons but how do I fix the directory access?!
    Jailbreak rocks!

ICY is NOTHING to do with the Dev Team!
    If you will install cr*p from the Russian hackers then why do you expect it to work and moan when it doesn't?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Then obviously everything i've read about Devteam releasing ICY is all Bull S"%t. I'm new to all this fella so don't get all defensive and have an attitude when replying to posts. How about giving me some advice on the problem in question if your so clued up on all this
    Jailbreak rocks!

ICY was released by the RIPDev team and I wouldn't let any of there work near my phone.
    Restore your phone and jailbrake with quickpwn 2.25 and you shouldn't have a problem.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    ICY was released by the RIPDev team and I wouldn't let any of there work near my phone.
    Restore your phone and jailbrake with quickpwn 2.25 and you shouldn't have a problem.
    Cheers fella mkes sense now and i'll stay away from RipDev in the future
    Jailbreak rocks!

Unfortunatly their rubish is being promoted on the quickpwn.com website which is also nothing to do with the Dev team.
    If ever you are unsure check at their blog.
    If it has adverts or any other money making schemes it is nothing to do with our friend in the Dev Team
    Good luck.

Can I restore by just updating in itunes? Where will I find quickpwn 2.25?
    Jailbreak rocks!

Yes - but if you want to use YellowSn0w you have to restore FW 2.20 NOT 2.21.
    quickpwn 2.25 is in the download section of this site. It's actually 2.2.5-2