+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Contacts not in alphabetical order anymore!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
My girlfren did something stupid today and all I can turn to is you guys. She switched her iphone to italian (no she doesnt speak italian, she was bored).Anyways trying
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Contacts not in alphabetical order anymore!
    My girlfren did something stupid today and all I can turn to is you guys. She switched her iphone to italian (no she doesnt speak italian, she was bored).Anyways trying to find out how to get back to english she did something and now everything is alright but her contacts are all in random order. We went to contacts Sort by Last,First etc but that didnt work either. Reset her settings and even deleted all her contacts and re-entered it but that didnt do the magic either. Finally We restore and unlock the entire phone again and still no magic!! I looked everywhere and can't find any solution.
    HELP! anyone.......?

iPhone? More like MyPhone gavko's Avatar
    Thanks

check if your contacts have been saved the right way with last and first name entered separately

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,268 Times in 652 Posts

it probably the contact list on the computer.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Even if just the first name is entered it still should appear. My problem is not about the last or the first name its just that even when just one part of the name is saved, it just does not appear in alphabetical order. But mine does so does anyone's else phone.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

What do u mean " it probably the contact list on the computer" . If you mean like syncing it from outlook or something, Nope she entered it manually without connecting to iTunes.

anymore help???
    Last edited by spiqy; 03-08-2008 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi there, I'm having the same issue, instead of listing the contacts by alphabetical divisions, it is just listing all of them without anything else.
    I've just downgraded to 1.1.3 and while I was adding the contacts manually, I noticed that same issue...any help is really appreciated