Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Where is 'EDGE' settings??
09-16-2007, 09:31 AM #1Where is 'EDGE' settings??
So i successfully activated and unlocked phone using the directions on this site (thanks guys!) - I have an ATT account from 4 years ago (before they were Cingular and then ATT again) it's an MMode account - anyone else working with that?
however, when i went to try out the EDGE network (no data plan yet, just wanted to take a peek) - it says "Can't connect to EDGE network" - so i went to General Settings -> Network -> --- and there is NO option for EDGE?
Do i have to have a data plan for it to somehow activate it?
I used the internet a few times from my old motorola, so i'm a bit confused?
well searching on other forums i found this- hope this helps others out
This is all those who has unlocked their iPhone, have an old AT&T sim and no EDGE.
1. don't bother looking for than damn EDGE setting. You have to go old school and edit a file.
2. ssh into your iphone
3. cd /var/root/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration
3.5. cp preferences.plist preferences.plist.orig
4. vi preferences.plist
5. search for "cingular"
6. This should bring you to a code chunk that has the following
7. replace wap.cingular with proxy. Delete CINGULAR1 and [email protected]. So it looks like the following
8. Save. Exit you session. Reboot your iphone.
9. Enjoy edge on your old AT&T plan
Last edited by ben8jam; 09-16-2007 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost