+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Billing Theory

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ok I got my iPhone, never activated it. I unlocked it and things are great, my question is this... I have a account currently with like 450 min w/rollover for
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default AT&T Billing Theory
    Ok I got my iPhone, never activated it. I unlocked it and things are great, my question is this...

I have a account currently with like 450 min w/rollover for $39.99 and 200 txt msgs for add. $4.99. I don't care to use the data portion of the iPhone because the Edge network is horribly slow here where I am. I can use the WiFi for what I need to do otherwise. So could I just slap that SIM in my Unlocked iPhone and use that plan just fine w/no data? I should be able to make / recieve calls and use the same 200 txt msgs right?? Some input would be much apperciated.

Ps. And would this techinically be legal? When I put my wifes SIM in the iPhone shows up on the billing webpage, so does AT&T know I would be doing this??

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

Thats fine and legal. You may have to run iNdependence to activate the iPhone, since iTunes won't see it as an activated iPhone.

Also be aware, the iPhone DOES randomly access the network. So make sure you have data on there. If you want to COMPLETELY turn it off from accessing EDGE, do this.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews