+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0 LIES corrected by an Apple Dev!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by bhz1 To see MMS? go into your photo albums and camera roll and MMS is a choice along with email and wallpaper. EDIT: However, unless you have
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    To see MMS? go into your photo albums and camera roll and MMS is a choice along with email and wallpaper.
    EDIT: However, unless you have MMS plan you will not be able to actually send an MMS.
    Tried that, but only get the option to email or send to mobileme, if I am in contacts & scroll to bottom were the Share Contact option is, pop up comes with Email or MMS, but does not add the .vcf file as can been seen in the email option, (I have mms enable on my plan) also is there an option in Messages? to send MMS as I don't see any

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
    MMS should be the sms app that you are used to. Is there no camera icon near the keyboard while you are sending a text message?

That is incredibly strange since it is the same firmware for every carrier...
    I don't have a camera icon near the keyboard.
    Last edited by nickh; 03-20-2009 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 4 | iMac 24" | MacBook Pro 15" | ATV | iPod Classic | Time Capsule | iPad 16 Gb |

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks to darkroom i now have an ipod touch on 3.0 that i can now sync when on wifi - no need to cut he internet connection for syncing.

now i'm thinking to upgrade my iphone too

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks darkrom, works perfectly, i am assuming this will also allow me to install feature 3.0 beta builds to help with some of the problems right?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It should, but there is no promise on that. I simply don't know myself.

If a new beta comes out and it all works the same way then you will all be fine because I will not be removing your UDID's until a little while after the 3.0 firmware is final and public.

About half of the slots are gone. Get in now before it is too late!

I am going to save the last 10 slots for something. Not sure what. Personal use most likely. I would be willing to give them away for large donations (not too large but not $5 either), so get em while they are hot people. I will be online doing this live for the next hr and a half so you will be added right away. Send a PM if you want to be added now. Like I said once they are gone they are gone because I can NOT add more than the 100 and I'm obviously not deleting other users no matter how much you want to donate.

I kinda wanna get rid of all of the slots so I have a chance to actually play with my phone and play with 3.0 more.
    Last edited by darkrom; 03-20-2009 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I installed OS 3.0 on my 3G iPhone using my XP PC. I downloaded the .ipsw file and installed it on the phone. After install I got this error;
    "I got an error saying "iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because an invalid response was received from the device"

I then rebooted the iphone and now I get the itunes could not sync due to passcode error. However, I am at the screen that has the cord plugging into itunes and there is no where to put in a passcode!!

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Thanks

Darn did I miss out? I wanted 3.0!

Thanks

Darkrom you da man. Ha I woke up, got your email that said I was ready, and after I upgraded it worked perfectly. No errors whatsoever. Thanks man.

Thanks

UK - O2 - absolutely no MMS option.

Any other countries except UK or USA want to add any MMS info? At the moment all ive seen is reports of it being an option with AT&T.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcharles View Post
    I installed OS 3.0 on my 3G iPhone using my XP PC. I downloaded the .ipsw file and installed it on the phone. After install I got this error;
    "I got an error saying "iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because an invalid response was received from the device"

I then rebooted the iphone and now I get the itunes could not sync due to passcode error. However, I am at the screen that has the cord plugging into itunes and there is no where to put in a passcode!!

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Did you get on a dev's list? If not you won't be able to sync.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

Thanks

hes is definitely on the list. I confirmed the ID several times. Something else has to be going on though because this is the 1st problem anyone has had with this method at all.

Post as many details as you can here and we will all try to help you out.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to darkrom For This Useful Post:

brando087 (03-20-2009)

Thanks

id recommend first trying to restore to 2.2.1 again, then if it works, check your baseband to see if its been updated.

if it works at 2.2.1, try the 3.0 update again.

Suck it up, Sucker

Thanks

Due to a very unfortunate family health situation and the scam that is health insurance, I am asking anyone to donate a little extra if they can.

I am simply ASKING for a little extra, the minimum to have me do it is $5 still. I am not going to turn down a $5 request, but I hope at least a few people can give some more than that to help me out. If you think I am lying then go ahead and continue to donate $5. If you believe me and still want to donate $5 thats fine as well. However, I would definitely appreciate any extra donations that can come my way as we could really use them right now. There is no bonus or anything like that, but it would really be appreciated. If not I will still try to fill every last slot with a minimum payment of $5. Thanks for your understanding.

Also if by any chance anyone wants to get 5 slots at one time I will do that for $20. That is a great deal for anyone who happens to have geeky friends with iphones :P

If for some reason you want to get even more slots PM me and we can work something out, as long as I have the slots available still. They are going quicker than ever now that people understand my method works and have been using 3.0 quite successfully. Thanks!
    Last edited by darkrom; 03-20-2009 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I got it working! I downgraded back to 2.2.1, then re-did the 3.0 install. Not sure what caused the error the first time.

Darkrom is the man!

Thanks

Woo thanks for all the positive comments today guys. I really needed them. I'm not feeling so much like the man right now. Not only do I have medical expenses to help cover, but I burnt out the clutch in my car today while upset at bad news. Not only that... it was a stage 2 ceramic clutch...those don't come very cheap, but I can't get an OEM one because my car has too much HP and burns out stock clutches (believe me I know).

Today kinda sucked extra bad so forgive me if I seem all doom and gloom today. Still adding people though just read the first post before you PM me so you know everything you need. I'd rather not answer simple questions over and over and over.

Thanks
    -Darkrom

Woo thanks for all the positive comments today guys. I really needed them. I'm not feeling so much like the man right now. Not only do I have medical expenses to help cover, but I burnt out the clutch in my car today while upset at bad news. Not only that... it was a stage 2 ceramic clutch...those don't come very cheap, but I can't get an OEM one because my car has too much HP and burns out stock clutches (believe me I know).

Today kinda sucked extra bad so forgive me if I seem all doom and gloom today. Still adding people though just read the first post before you PM me so you know everything you need. I'd rather not answer simple questions over and over and over.

Thanks
    -Darkrom

I am looking to speed this up as much as possible too.

I am thinking of doing this whole thing a little differently, but I am too bombed of anti anxiety meds to think right now. I'll try to make and example of what I want to do and see how it goes.
    Last edited by darkrom; 03-20-2009 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Thanks, your the man. Works like a beauty besides MMS.

Thanks

Darkrom, sorry to hear about your clutch issues on top of medical problems. I totally sympathize. My oldest came home from college with a broken shock mount this is after his brother needed two new catalytic convertes on his car a few weeks ago (older A4 has 2 cats). Clutches are expensive, especially high performance ones. What do you drive?

Thanks for helping so many folks out here.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

Green Apple
    Thanks

$5 to get activated?

$5 X 99 People = $445 for the OP.

He paid $99

That's a $346 of PURE profit for the OP.

You are one smart man

Thanks

Yeah and at what risk to me? Who knows. Do you have a dev account? NOPE. Did you shell out the $99 when you were completely broke to get one...nope.

Then theres paypal fees and all that ****. I was going to try to continue this service somehow even after 100 slots, but its definitely not going to happen now. Anyone complaining about me charging $5 can leave this thread and go elsewhere and try to find a way to activate on your own. Do all the reading you want and you will see that half the internet thinks you can't downgrade. The other half thinks that this is impossible to do.

Do whatever you want but I am really doubting that I will extend this beyond the 100 UDID's. Its comments like that that bother me to the point where I simply don't wanna help anyone out anymore because its not worth feeling ****** when I get flamed and accused of being a scammer (not on this site but others).

I have a lot more important **** to deal with right now than allowing people access, so if people keep coming in here and bashing me I will call it even and not do anymore for anyone. So just remember that. All it takes is 1 rude troll to post a message like this to piss me off too much and its done. They you have no options other than staying on 2.2.1.

I am doing this as a service. If that isn't good enough for you then you become a DEV and give away accounts. You clearly have more money than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    Darkrom, sorry to hear about your clutch issues on top of medical problems. I totally sympathize. My oldest came home from college with a broken shock mount this is after his brother needed two new catalytic convertes on his car a few weeks ago (older A4 has 2 cats). Clutches are expensive, especially high performance ones. What do you drive?

Thanks for helping so many folks out here.

Thank you for being a human being. I know we are geeks but we don't have to act like robots.

How old is the A4? If its OBDI you shouldn't need to even pass emissions and the first thing I would have done to that A4 is removed the cats even if they were functioning.

I drive a 2008 civic si that I modded like crazy when I was making more money. Now it is all I have left. It's my baby, but with my money the way it is right now I would probably sell it if I didn't still owe ******* 16 grand on it. I just don't know what I am going to do at this point. I am only 20 years old, so its kinda hard to come up with 16 grand right away...

Anyway I'll get back to topic but thank you.
    Last edited by darkrom; 03-20-2009 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

dude, getting anything on 16k credit at 20 is crazy!

if anyone on othe sites is bashing you dont let it get you down, just stop helping on that site. not once in this thread has anyone disbelived you

MMi is a lovely crowd

would like to say thanks again for your help, i've just dropped another 10$ into your paypal. can you reserve me a place on your list in the future, possibly for 4.0 beta etc etc.? if i get the new iPhone in the summer can you transfer that one onto it etc? You get my point.

also guys, if you send the money as a 'GIFT' then there is NO paypal fees.

all the best darkrom

Suck it up, Sucker

Thanks

Man sry to hear about all your trouble. I hate that for you since you seem like a really good guy. There's nothing wrong with what you are doing. The slots are yours to do with as you wish. There's obviously a demand for what you have to offer. I would do the same if I had a mac! Man I'll try to send a few bucks your way. You've earned it.