Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sending iphone to Apple tomorrow. What should I do?

Default Sending iphone to Apple tomorrow. What should I do?
    Hi everybody, I'm new to this forum and hopping to find some help here.

Here is my story.

I bought a use Iphone a while ago from some guy and have been using it with T-Mobile. So I've done unlocked and jailbroken it.

About a month ago, i noticed a strip in the middle of the phone didn't response to touch at all. So I brought it to the apple store but of course they refused to replace it.

Still got a little hope left, I called 800MYIPHONE and talked to the product manager and he agreed to replaced my iphone for free even though it's out of warranty for more than 200 days. When I talked to him on the phone, he did ask for the serial number of the phone so I figure he must have known that my phone is unactivated through AT&T. He also helped me make an appointment with a genius at apple store and set up a brochure saying the phone is covered by himself so that I can get it replaced. But when I went into the apple store, they refused again, saying I didn't have an activated sim card.

So I went home, called 800myiphone again. Ask them to send me the phone through mail and it's gonna arrive tomorrow.
    But now I get all worried up because I'm afraid that when I send my phone in, they will properly reject it again.

I will restore the phone for sure before I send it in, but is there anything else I can do to make this go smoothly? If I send the phone in in recovery mode, will they accept it? Please help me guys, I really appreciate it. Thank you in advance

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

if you just make sure its a full fresh install with no jailbreak you should be fine.
    i just had something similar on my 3G (wouldnt find a signal) and they took it in via mail.
    i purchased it off eBay and so its not under my name, though it is still Just in warranty.
    the Great news is though its only been 3 days and im supposed to be getting it back today according to the status site.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

So don't have to activate the phone? I can just send it in even it said there's no sim card inserted on the screen?

If you wanna have ZERO PROBLEMS:

1) Make sure your iPhone have been activated with AT&T in the past
    2) Make sure to have a working AT&T SIM card
    3) Make sure you Restore to Factory Settings (Un-Jailbreak / Lock)

That's how I did it yesterday and had zero problems, quick and easy.

I saw them giving some people a hard time with unactivated AT&T SIM cards, but still they did not refuse exchange... It is said that they cant refuse to service your iPhone even though it's not activated, but most likely they will give you the run around... I prefer to go prepared since I am not so good in making up stories.

Quote Originally Posted by ziczac View Post
    So don't have to activate the phone? I can just send it in even it said there's no sim card inserted on the screen?
    Try to find someone (friend) that has an AT&T SIM card working.