+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: YouTube doesnt have all videos when searched thru iphone

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So, i was playing around with youtube on my iphone and going to youtube on my computer. I have run into it a couple times. Where you can search the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default YouTube doesnt have all videos when searched thru iphone
    So, i was playing around with youtube on my iphone and going to youtube on my computer. I have run into it a couple times. Where you can search the same exact things on both the computer and the iphone and the iphone doesnt show the video at all. if ur bored here is what im talking about.

I just saw this vid on digg. anyways search this on youtube.com and your iphone and ull see what im talking about. search "asian water owned" on youtube. First video you see is the correct video. then search it on your iphone. It wont come up at all.

Anyone have any idea on why? Maybe i just missed something and its supposed to be like this.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The iPhone doesnt support Flash, and thats what YouTube uses. Youtube is actually copying their whole video database making H.264 file types of all their videos to support Apple TV and iPhone. Its taking them awhile. I don't remember the date they gave that they said all their videos would have file types that would support the Apple products, i thought it was sometime this month, but could be wrong.

edit: They never gave a date, heres what i found:

"Over 10,000 videos will be available on June 29, and YouTube will be adding more each week until their full catalog of videos is available in the H.264 format this fall."

source

shrug.
    Last edited by RL600; 09-14-2007 at 11:41 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey,

heres a copy from Youtubes website Help section,

I can't find my video on my iPhone or AppleTV.

If you're unable to find a video on the iPhone or AppleTV that you know is live on YouTube.com, it's possible the video hasn't been converted to the H.264 codec. We're in the process of encoding videos on the site as the H.264 format so they can all be viewable on the iPhone and AppleTV in higher video quality. We're adding more of these encoded videos each week until our full library is available in the H.264 format.

Mark
    Mark