Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone hung, can't boot up, NEED some help pls

Default iphone hung, can't boot up, NEED some help pls
    hi. i restarted my iphone but only the apple logo appears. It can't boot up. What should I do?

Someone pls advise. Thanks very much

there's not really much you can do.. restore..
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

Hello guys.

I know this is an old post but im having the same issues. I had 2.2.1 jailbroken and the phone was locking up. I thought it was an app i installed. I mest with it for over an hour and couldnt get the phone to do anything. I decided to update to 3.0. I used redsnow to jailbreak the phone worked and synced fine. I installed activemms(something like that) and winterboard. Now the phone wont do anything but show the apple. I cant even get it to turn off. I know i need to restore but how do I do that when the phone doesnt show up on itunes? thanks in advance.

on edit: every few minuted the apple flashes like the phone is going off but comes right back on to the apple screen.
    Last edited by simpleman; 07-05-2009 at 12:06 AM. Reason: add info

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

Hold power+home till the screen goes off and then hold home while plugging it into the USB port. It should boot into Recovery mode.
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan

that did it. thanks

Unhappy help!!
    hi, i know this is an old thread.

my iphone 3gs, running ios 4.0, cannot be turned on now. once i try to turn it on, the apple logo shows, then it disappears after about 2 mins and appears again, the cycle repeats. I've already put my iphone into and out of recovery mode, as well as into and out of dfu mode, but the phone just will not turn on.

i havent tried restoring because i do not want to lose my photos and smses. please help me out here!! either to get the phone turn on WITHOUT restoring. or to get the smses out of the phone into the computer, after which i don't mind restoring. please help!! thank you in advance!!!

do not restore if you want the jailbreak. just open redsnow. click firmware and CLick 'just boot tethered now'.
    Then go in dfu mode.

Lightbulb Forever boot bug
    Quote Originally Posted by kjsuser View Post
    hi. i restarted my iphone but only the apple logo appears. It can't boot up. What should I do?

Someone pls advise. Thanks very much
    It's seems that your master.passwd is damaged, corrupted or missing
    The directory is /etc/master.passwd
    this happened to my ipod a while ago
    Hope this helps