+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Font Size for iPhone 3G

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello everyone! I hope all 3rd party guys can read this. Probably Im not the only one complaining about iPhone's FONT SIZE; I really have a hard time reading my
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Font Size for iPhone 3G
    Hello everyone! I hope all 3rd party guys can read this. Probably Im not the only one complaining about iPhone's FONT SIZE; I really have a hard time reading my SMS unless I wear my reading glasses. Is there a way to increase iPhone's font size,or is there an application that can help this problem? I am willing to buy this type of application or improvement on the iphone. I've searched Cydia and some others, but I can't find a solution to this. I hope all of the 3rd party developers out there can read this message and do something. Thank you.

Thanks

moved to general iPhone general chat
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Font Size for iPhone
    My boss can't read her text messages well. She wants to know if there is any way to increase the font size of the text. Can someone tell me how to do this?

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Download Fontswap from Cydia. Start with that...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi
    You are not alone!!
    It is very strange this has been fixed yet!
    We now have version 3 of the SW and nothing has been done so far. This is also a much used function on a phone. Maybe to obvious, or too young programmers? Really frustrating!

Hogne Sperre
    Norway

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Download Fontswap from Cydia. Start with that...
    Hi, ive used fontswap but that just does exactly what it says. Is it possible to increase the font size in SMS?
    Thanks
    Ian

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Yes... choose a bigger font in fontswap. There are over 50 different fonts in Cydia you can download.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I realize this thread is ancient, however, I am having the exact same issue. I have a 3G iPhone (not 3GS). The Accessibility menu is not there. If anyone knows how I can add it, I am all ears (eyes...lol).

I installed FontSwap but when I run it, nothing happens - the app screen comes on then goes right away. What am I doing wrong Did I forget something?

Thanks in advance...

Thanks
    The app crashed and you probably need to re-install it or it is conflicting with another app

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default FontSwap
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine725 View Post
    I realize this thread is ancient, however, I am having the exact same issue. I have a 3G iPhone (not 3GS). The Accessibility menu is not there. If anyone knows how I can add it, I am all ears (eyes...lol).

I installed FontSwap but when I run it, nothing happens - the app screen comes on then goes right away. What am I doing wrong Did I forget something?

Thanks in advance...
    Hey, you'll have to downgrade to FontSwap 2.0.5, as their latest update of FontSwap to 2.0.6 doesn't support ios3.
    How To Install FontSwap On iOS 3 For iPhone/iPod Touch- Fixing it - YouTube go to this link and you'll be done. Remember, fontswap does not change the font size but you can definitely download and use a larger font. Once you get fontswap to work I'am sure you'll figure it out.
    And if you're on ios4, then download an app called Bytafont. It'll do the job.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

go to settings, general, then accesability, and go to large text and click on the size you want!