+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WAnt to buy an iphone but need to know...

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have an cingular sim without a data plan. So if I unlock an iphone, will the wifi still work? Or is the phone going to lock me out without
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default WAnt to buy an iphone but need to know...
    I have an cingular sim without a data plan. So if I unlock an iphone, will the wifi still work? Or is the phone going to lock me out without a data plan, or will it work when outside of wifi and charge me some per minute crap. If anyone can help me out it would be awesome. I really want an iphone, but really don't want to pay $20 a month for data.

also if i buy an iphone and find out something doesn't work, does the factory reset reset all hacks, so i could take it back with seemingly nothing different about it?
    Last edited by seanmadi; 09-13-2007 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

WiFi should still work just fine. with out the data plan you wont be able to connect . You can go one step further and call cingular and put a stop on data charges on your number this locks out text and internet. With out the data plan I dont think you will get the visual voice mail. The $20 is not that bad I was paying about $50 when I had my treo!!! for the SAME exact (minus vis voicemail) thing! good luck.