Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Things You May Not Know

Had any one figured out how to use the iphone on the university networks
    wii fi with 802.1 x

are there any apps that can be added for it to connect
    Last edited by zumak; 09-24-2007 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It works with my Jensen 7" touchscreen headunit for my car. Infact, when someone calls, the music fades out and the ringtone starts playing for that person, everything except the ipod function can be used while its connected. It works a hell of a lot better than I thought it would, works beteer than my old 5g Ipod did because it is flash.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to auburnguy32 For This Useful Post:

CALBUILD (12-19-2007)

I don't know if it has been posted in here or not...If you are in recovery mode and Itunes is making you restore, Just unplug your phone and turn it off for 1 min. It will leave recovery mode and return to normal. Its good to know...Just so you don't have to restore you phone.

Also, Xbox 360 had an update avaible for Ipods. You can plug your ipod into the xbox 360 via the usb port and play your music through your tv speakers. This also worked with my iphone.

Also, You can use any headphones on the iphone. Just cut them to fit into the headjack.
    Last edited by xxjoebreadxx; 10-04-2007 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

If you slide your finger across a message in the Email preview or SMS preview panes, a Delete button will pop up.

When viewing 'Maps' you can tap with two fingers and it zooms out
    Last edited by Whoismiked; 10-06-2007 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Whoismiked For This Useful Post:

justinwayne (02-18-2008)

When your using mobilechat and you have multiple active im windows, simply swipe your finger left or right above the keyboard to scroll through all the active ims you have open

Thanks

Not sure if anyone knows but I found a really sweet feature on the headsets that come with the iPhone!!!

Ok, so if you're on a call, squeeze the mic on the headset and it'll hold or double click to hang up the call!! Also, double clicking while listening to music will skip to the next track!! A single click will pause/start the track!! How kewl is that!?!?!

Ok, if you already knew, you're awesome, but for those of us who just figured it out, it's like having sex for the first time all over again....haha

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dooey5 For This Useful Post:

atlking (10-16-2007)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by claptrap View Post
    i assume this is known, but because it's not listed here:

i am smitten with the fact that i can hook my iphone into the aux in jack on my car stereo and not only play the ipod (as any mp3 player can connect in this way) but also that the music fades out when a call comes in and i can hear the caller through the car speakers and speak normally and the caller can hear me. no need for an additional headset. rad.
    So, do you have to touch "speaker" or no? Does it just work as is when a call comes through? If so, that's freakin awesome!! What make/model car stereo do you use? Or can it be any that has an aux line in on the front?

Quote Originally Posted by dooey5 View Post
    Not sure if anyone knows but I found a really sweet feature on the headsets that come with the iPhone!!!

Ok, so if you're on a call, squeeze the mic on the headset and it'll hold or double click to hang up the call!! Also, double clicking while listening to music will skip to the next track!! A single click will pause/start the track!! How kewl is that!?!?!

Ok, if you already knew, you're awesome, but for those of us who just figured it out, it's like having sex for the first time all over again....haha
    thats in the instruction book

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bookmark View Post
    thats in the instruction book
    I didn't read the instruction book :-) I figured it out on accident...hence why I was excited and felt like sharing it with the world...thanx for shooting down that idea lol :-(

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

I didn't read the instruction book :-) I figured it out on accident...hence why I was excited and felt like sharing it with the world...thanx for shooting down that idea lol :-(
    all the bold makes my brain hurt.

While in a phone call, when you hold the phone next to your ear, the screen shuts off .
    It comes back on when you move it away. Must have a sensor inside???

Livin the iPhone Life iphonejeff's Avatar
    Thanks

wow..noooooooooooooooobe
    mod edit, old signature removed

HERE'S A GOOD ONE...AND USEFUL!

When you receive an incoming call, use either volume buttons to mute the ringer. This way caller thinks your phone is still ringing and you're not purposely ignoring them...!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spook75 For This Useful Post:

dooey5 (10-16-2007), sufirao (04-25-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Issinoho View Post
    While in a phone call, when you hold the phone next to your ear, the screen shuts off .
    It comes back on when you move it away. Must have a sensor inside???
    lol I think anyone who has EVER made a phone call on there iphone knows this

Its one of the greatest features tho, I have had many touch screen phones previous to my iphone and none of them did this

Btw the sensor is right above the headset earpiece/speaker

Here's one! I didn't read this anywhere else yet.

Your Apple Bluetooth headset CAN BE USED AS A MUSIC HEADSET!

But only while you are on the phone with someone.

Try it out, call someone using your apple bluetooth headset, open up your ipod, and play a song or movie. OOOOOOOH!

Quote Originally Posted by Whoismiked View Post
    lol I think anyone who has EVER made a phone call on there iphone knows this

Its one of the greatest features tho, I have had many touch screen phones previous to my iphone and none of them did this

Btw the sensor is right above the headset earpiece/speaker
    lol excatly, if u put under the phone under the lamp u can see it too, the black plastic is actually half see-tru

Quote Originally Posted by realisticmind1 View Post
    Here's one! I didn't read this anywhere else yet.

Your Apple Bluetooth headset CAN BE USED AS A MUSIC HEADSET!

But only while you are on the phone with someone.

Try it out, call someone using your apple bluetooth headset, open up your ipod, and play a song or movie. OOOOOOOH!
    sorry realisticmind.. that also has been said weeks before, cause by voicemail bug or something like
    Last edited by bookmark; 10-14-2007 at 05:44 PM.

So, do you have to touch "speaker" or no? Does it just work as is when a call comes through? If so, that's freakin awesome!! What make/model car stereo do you use? Or can it be any that has an aux line in on the front?
    You've probably tried this by now, but no you dont have to press anything... just works.
    All is... so Accept and Just Be

24. The Following User Says Thank You to knowtheobscure For This Useful Post:

dooey5 (10-16-2007)

hhhmm... anyone discover new stuff?

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast