Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Things You May Not Know

pretty neat thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnamental View Post
    If you don't know the meaning of a word in iBooks, highlight the word and a menu pops up. Click dictionary
    wish my iBooks worked. damn thing won't read sync'd books, nor will it even load the book it came with. worthless
    iPhone 4G 32 GB (2 of them)
    OS 5.0.1
    JB Utility: redsn0w 0.9.10b1

I guess you used the old RedSn0w rather than 0.95b5 then. Re JB with b5 and iBooks should work.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

A nice trick for wifi networks

The iPhone's virtual keyboard has quite a few tricks up its sleeve, but one thing it can't do is type a grave accent mark without a letter (a ` or backtick to all you programmers out there). So while 99% of you probably don't care, it can be a problem for those who need to enter the backtick for a Wi-Fi password.
    Thankfully, there is a way to get around non-typable passwords using the iPhone Configuration Utility.
    To start, download the iPhone Configuration Utility from Apple's enterprise support site. Using the utility, head straight to the "Configuration Profiles" section and navigate to the Wi-Fi tab. Enter your network's SSID and leave the security type as "Any".
    Before you export the profile, you'll need to enter an identifier under the "General" tab. This can be something as simple as "com.YOURNAME.profile". You'll also need to enter a name for your profile, such as "Profile" or "Wi-Fi".
    After you're done, hit export and save it to your desktop. Using an app such as TextEdit, open the mobileconfig file and search for
    SSID_STR
    YOUR_SSID
    The text YOUR_SSID will be the SSID that you specified in the configuration utility.
    Right underneath it, you'll want to add:
    Password
    THE_WPA_PASSWORD
    Replace THE_WPA_PASSWORD with your network's password.

Save the file and email it to yourself. To install the profile, simply open the email on your iPhone and tap on the attachment. After it asks you to confirm the installation, your iPhone will now have the correct password stored to log into your network.
    , where iphone giving really tough time to other smart phone companies to make smart phone with smart features ,where apple have lot of collection with point
    of iphone apps
    , which offers some free paying apps .and people are really fan of apple iphone apps .
    Although now ios 8 has been released but ppl still want to know about ios 7 iphone 4 and its features .

Thanks

Thanks for sharing

Default Fake Tips!? WTf??
    PLEASE do NOT post fake tips... It took me less than a minute to check it, but in reality many of us spend sleepess investigating these things so we can truly understand the phone-and this does not help at all = (
    If youre THAT bored, try doing useful for the community like teaching urself how to script executable files in Terminal or Console like I am...

Thanks

Thx 4 sharing

Thanks

If you 2X tap the "my location" little arrow in Google Maps app, it gives you a beacon and direction your facing instead of just the normal beacon.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Turnamental For This Useful Post:

Effenpig! (10-27-2010)

^ That does, of course, only work on the 3GS and iPhone 4
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

Turnamental (09-13-2010)

Didn't see this posted yet. While on a call using your head phones you can open and start your ipod and listen to music. You can control the volume of the music as well. So if you got someone who is nagging just crank up your tunes. The person on the other end cannot hear the music.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nightkeeper62 For This Useful Post:

hfinmyblood (10-07-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    ^ That does, of course, only work on the 3GS and iPhone 4

Confucious say.....

You are most def correct.

any one no how to get rid of errors in cydia? i have ifile but it only gets rid of them temporary. if i add another repositorie they all come back. and i dont wana restore every time i get an errors

try cyfix
    in cydia
    Something Hidden in iPhone 4---Steve Jobs twitter

hi all

Is it possible connect USB FLASH DRIVE(15gb) to iPhone cable and reading data from this usb drive? i have the cables and adaptors for this but iphone didnt recognize it ....
    any ideeas??

Im using Lockinfo as my lock screen on iPhone 4 IOS 4.1 If you are on your springboard instead of going back to your lockscreen to view lockinfo you can quickly swipe down starting from the top portion where your time usually shows and your Lockinfo will appear.

yes , Lockinfo can be configured many different ways via Activator, but Im sure that will help someone.
    Something Hidden in iPhone 4---Steve Jobs twitter

Hi. Not sure if this is the right place. I have an iPhone 4 and I get lost with all the talk about jailbreaking it. I want to get rid of the missed call and text alerts. Is there an easy way to do this?
    Cheers.

jailbreak, popup blocker.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    if you ever get a come to a point where you are about 3/4 of the way done with a FW install and itunes decides to do something else, and the 'verifying install with apple' dialog doesnt come back up on top, open XCode and send the devices UID to the portal, it will wake up itunes.

anyone ever experience this? i cant reproduce it, but it happens every so often.

maybe i should do like they say and flash devices with xcode.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitol View Post
    --hope so, although I'm still seeing some pretty lame posts going up.

-Digitol-
    Still?

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast