+ Reply
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Things You May Not Know

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
i didn't see on any page from 22 pages... so here i mention.. hotmail accounts can be added directly on ur iphone without any glitch or headache as before.. just
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    i didn't see on any page from 22 pages... so here i mention..
    hotmail accounts can be added directly on ur iphone without any glitch or headache as before..
    just go to settings > mail > add account > other > pop.
    in there you can put pop settings..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hello everybody
    sorry if i am in the wrong category
    I will need some help
    the situation is really simple
    Ilive in the middle of nowhere( only cows around and gators) and I don t have any hight speed internet only 56k( piece of sh....)
    So I have my little friend iphone 3g with a good coverage and right now i am able to have internet on my computer with my iphone.
    So my question is can i get internet on my ps3 thru my computer thru my iphone?
    For informations i am able to download over 150kb/s and i try many times with the ethernet cable but it's not working.
    Maybe somebody can help me out with my iphone 3g jailbreake 3.0.1 and my windows xp pro sp2
    Thanks in advance
    By the way I know AT & **** can send me a warning or shut dow my 3g so you don t have to send post about that
    thanks again

Thanks

When at the bottom of a really long webpage just tap the status bar to get back to the top rather than scrolling allll the back to the top
    13" 2.9 GHz i7 MacBook Pro OSX Mountain Lion | 32gb iPhone 4S iOS 5.1.1 JB

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have a 2g iphone on 3.1.2 firmware. I used blackra1n to jailbreak and bootneuter to unlock but its still saying different sim card, connect to itunes. It has my tmobile cariier in the upper leeft with bars. Any suggestions??

Thanks,

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Summary of thread.

Button on top of the volume buttons on the side puts you in Silent mode.
    Reboot -> hold the Sleep/Wake Button and the Home button for approx. 10 seconds to force reboot the iPhone if it freezes

If you have a frozen app or too many background apps you can force them to terminate by holding the home button 8-10 seconds.

If you are in recovery mode and iTunes is making you restore, Just unplug your phone and turn it off for 1 min. It will leave recovery mode and return to normal.

Holding the home button and pressing the sleep/wake button takes a screenshot on firmware 2.0. Your screen will flash and the screenshot will be saved in the camera roll.

Tapping the top menu bar returns you to the top of whatever scroll area you're in. This applies to safari, messages, songs etc.

if you put your fingers together and spread them on the screen, it will zoom in...conversely, if you bring them together, it zooms out. This applies to photos and maps and browsers.

*3001#12345#* is field test mode.
    (Splurd: Anyone care to elaborate more on this?)

Go to the calculator app on your iphone, turn your iphone horizontally and your calculator turns into an scientific calculator...

The keyboard works in widescreen mode when you're using safari with the phone on its side. (with latter updates it works with SMS as well)

Under iPod -> more -> edit you can select the icons that appear at the bottom of the iPod app. Not lifesaving but cool. I wish u could customize all the buttons that way.

If you want to type a period or other puncuation, simply touch and hold the ".?123" key then slide your finger to the desired button. When you've selected the punctuation, the keyboard automatically changes back to the normal character entry mode.

Double tapping the arrow (caps key) on the keyboard highlights it in blue and leaves the CAPSLOCK on.
    texting/sms, if you double tap the space bar, it will put a full spot after your last word and cue you a space to start your next sentence.
    These two need to be enabled under Settings->General->Keyboard first tho.

When typing text you can hold and slide your finger over that line you get a magnifying glass to with a cursor to edit the text in the middle.

If you want accents on your letters (,,,,,...) just keep pressing the letter you want an accent on. Doesn't work on all letters though
    Hold down the .com key for 1 second when entering a web address to get .org, .net, and .edu.
    This also works with the period key when entering email an address

Discovered this purely by accident: on the number keypad, pressing Call will bring up the last number you manually dialled.

When you receive an incoming call, use either volume buttons to mute the ringer.
    power button does the same - one click while the phone is ringing will silence the ringer while allowing the incoming call to continue. Two clicks will reject the call.

You can turn repeat alert notifications of SMS at settings> Messages

When the phone is locked, You can easily access iPpod controls by Double Tapping the home button twice really quickly.
    When unlocked, while playing a song, you can double tap home to bring up iPod controls at any time.
    This is very important as we all know it, so for the love of cute animals and all things cuddly, people please stop telling it to us.

when you're in the now playing screen on your ipod, if you tap the screen, a track meter pops up, which makes it easier to navigate thru a song. instead of having to hold the Rewind and Fast Forward buttons to get to a specific point of a song, you just drag the knob to wherever you want. You can also slide your finger vertically to adjust the scrubbing rate. This goes from high speed scrubbing to fine scrubbing.

I have found myself cupping my hand on the bottom of the phone to redirect sound while I am watching a video. That will redirect the sound towards me. It makes a big difference in the perceived volume.
    (Splurd: This is common sense... no?)

if you poke your iphone speakers with a needle it makes the speakers about 40% louder
    (While I dont know about iPhones, this works on humans too. I notice a significantly louder response when poking them with a needle)

You can delete videos the same way you delete emails: slide to the left/right, and click Delete This applies to emails and SMS and god knows what else.

if you tap and hold on an image in safari for a few seconds, a bar will pop up allowing you to save the image. Saved images are saved in the camera roll.

If you want to fall asleep to music, but have it shut off you can use the Clock/Timer to turn off the music after your desired minutes are up. All you have to do is play your music music, then go to the Clock/Timer app, set up your desired length of time, then touch where it says "When Timer Ends" select "Sleep iPod", hit set and then touch start. You could also use it to play musical chairs but the shortest time is 1 min.
    (Splurd: I didnt get this to work...)

Quote Originally Posted by dooey5
    Not sure if anyone knows but I found a really sweet feature on the headsets that come with the iPhone!!!

Ok, so if you're on a call, squeeze the mic on the headset and it'll hold or double click to hang up the call!! Also, double clicking while listening to music will skip to the next track!! A single click will pause/start the track!! How kewl is that!?!?!

Ok, if you already knew, you're awesome, but for those of us who just figured it out, it's like having sex for the first time all over again....haha
    (Splurd: Your first sex experience must have been really bad...)

Quote Originally Posted by woodekm
    Not as much a tip or trick but kinda cool.

I've been taking pictures of logos and signs for places I have ph numbers to. For example I took a picture with my phone of the Acura symbol on my car (rear) and associated it with the Acura repair /dealer I have in my phone. I took pictures of the logos on the front of to-go menus for all the restauraunts I call and order out. I then associate them with the corresponding numbers in my phone. The best thing is after you associate the pics with numbers, you can delete the pic out of the "camera roll" and they stay associated with their numbers (dont know WHERE they reside in the phone, but it cool not to have a bunch of unwanted pics in the phone just to have the logo).

Best buy, Circuit city, Hooters, The Apple symbol on my iPhone box, Att symbol from my bill.,,,,, Its just kind of neat to have a symbol next to the business phone number. Hell, I even took a pic of the sign out front of my bank for their logo. I kinda went crazy (sad).

It doesnt matter if the pic doesnt come out perfect because a) its tiny up there next to the ph number, b) you can adjust it before you set it and c) the business probably never calls you so it wont pop up real big and look bad.

Just another thing I have done with this thing I'm obsessed with (sad again).
    Now here are some things which are 1000% true. ya rly.

if you carress the phone just right it will say "Thank You"

if u kiss the apple logo while rebooting it will change in to a red heart
    *only applicable if you sleep with a care bear under your pillow.

When your iPhone battery is completely dead (won't turn on anymore or have the battery sign showing)
    Place in Microwave for 5 seconds and it will recharge for about 3-4 minutes of use =)
    5 - 10 minutes if you sprinkle a little salt on it first!

Quote Originally Posted by bookmark
    show your iphone where they don't have it yet... e.g. italy, austria..

you'll get lots of hot chics hanging on your neck
    Quote Originally Posted by Chantecleer
    if your phone drops in the toilet and you pick it up within 3 seconds, it will still work

===============
    end of tips
    ===============

I had some(too much) free time so I went thru the thread and selected most of the tips.

Lazy to organise them.

Frankly I was expecting more.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Splurd For This Useful Post:

jkmonkey (03-22-2010), Madman604x (05-25-2010), njosnavelin (01-01-2010), Tamkis (08-23-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

does anyone know if there is a cellphone tracker app and the one thats in the appstore because that one doent work

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Great thread thanx for alll the information

Thanks

Default cellphone tracker app
    Try 'Cerebro' found in Upscale River @cerebro.ifindmyiphone.com
    Works great on my 2g
    Last edited by iamubiquitous; 03-25-2010 at 09:45 PM. Reason: omitted info
    Rules one and two ALWAYS in effect.

Thanks

even though its almost 3 years old, this thread is very usefull
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    your earphones may or may not save your ipod/iphone from going to hell if your reflexes react and grab the earphones in time

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilikepielikei For This Useful Post:

bchilton9 (08-23-2010), flux83 (08-09-2010)

Thanks

Default My earphones...
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikepielikei View Post
    your earphones may or may not save your ipod/iphone from going to hell if your reflexes react and grab the earphones in time
    ...constantly catch on sh*t and throw miPhone across the room...go figure. (It's seriously dented and beat up but it just keeps on working. God bless the 2g.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Things You May Not Know-1.jpg   Things You May Not Know-2.jpg  

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yep,take a pic

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Holding down the home button whilst in a frozen application will force quit it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What's up everyone, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hey. Hopefully I posted this in the right section!
    Sig. Spam is not allowed

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brendar7639 View Post
    Hopefully I posted this in the right section!
    No, you didn't!

Btw, the right "speaker" is not really a speaker at all. Spooky!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brendar7639 View Post
    What's up everyone, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hey. Hopefully I posted this in the right section!
    Welcome to the forum - right section but wrong thread. not the end of the world.

I'm sure you'll figure it out soon. Have fun
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iGuy View Post
    No, you didn't!

Btw, the right "speaker" is not really a speaker at all. Spooky!
    iLol'd

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks to that!

Thanks

If you don't know the meaning of a word in iBooks, highlight the word and a menu pops up. Click dictionary

Thanks

As I said last time you posted a link to that site - the information is incomplete and will lead to people losing their JB / Unlock.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.