+ Reply
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Things You May Not Know

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Maybe it'll be good to consolidate all the facts you may not know about the iPhone into the first post? I don't mind helping collecting some from the first 10
    Thanks

Maybe it'll be good to consolidate all the facts you may not know about the iPhone into the first post? I don't mind helping collecting some from the first 10 pages.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

With the release of the new firmware 3.0 here begins a new rush of 'omg it does that too'
    and
    'i didn't know that'
    so with ppl discovering that the newly released GM (grand master) of 3.0 works without being in a dev program
    lets begin..

obviously the new copy and paste works flawlessly.. but there is a lesser mentioned 'undo redo' feature whilst typing.. shake the iphone and a HUD comes up asking "undo" or "cancel" it undoes the text written in the field..

*only on new 3.0 software*
    I'll jailbreak you !!!

Thanks

3.0- while on the first home page slide finger left -> to right to open up search OR just tap the home button Tapping home button from any other page still takes you back to the first home page.

3.0- Correct me if im wrong, but in settings> Messages you can now turn off repeat alert. This came out of no where in 2.X and really bothered me, i don't memeber seeing a place where you could turn it off, but maybe i didn't really look?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

3.0 - When playing a song/podcast... and you hold the dot on the timeline bar to move forward and backward in a song, you can now slide your finger vertically to adjust the scrubbing rate. This goes from high speed scrubbing to fine scrubbing. Can be useful!

3.0 - you can now tap the status bar in notes or mail to search the app you're running.

Btw I think you could turn off repeat notification for text messages.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Pressing the home and power buttons together but not holding takes a screen shot.. that one caught me off guard the first time I did it.. works pretty good if you take a picture but it didnt crop in as close as you wanted.. just take a screen shot of the picture from your phone and you have a closer picture..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help plz
    ok i was playing with my iphone last night, powered off and now it wont come back on...the apple shows up but then it goes right back off....any help??? itunes doesn even recognize it when i plug it into the computer...im not with att so i kno they wont help, so plz help me cant afford a new phone

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

DFU, and then restore.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LEVID View Post
    Pressing the home and power buttons together but not holding takes a screen shot.. that one caught me off guard the first time I did it.. works pretty good if you take a picture but it didnt crop in as close as you wanted.. just take a screen shot of the picture from your phone and you have a closer picture..

I found that out the other day and thought why my screen flashed then did some research and found out that the iPhone could take screen shots, I was like that's awesome.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Why doesn't Apple just make a manual for this phone. -_-

Thanks
    Talking how to forward sms without any application in iphone 3.0
    although apple has not given forwarding application or sms forwarding option but somehow it has become possible...in new OS 3.0

go to any sms chat, and see which sms u wana fwd...on its balloon just double tap, and it will turn blue (in default colors) and a copy button will appear on top,press it...
    now go to compose sms (or any other sms chat) and in compose or writing sms area...(when cursor is blinking there) again double tap,and u will see paste option,paste it.
    after this u can also add multiple people too

*from one point,apple is still very weak,although it has latest technology..i have been always symbian nokia user,they have given some Basic using apps by default,
    *sms sending,forwarding,replying are BASICS
    *camera snapping,zooming,video recording are BASICS

nokia gives them all in ONE application.camera application has all options,sms app has all options.but apple iphone has NEW app for every single single work,one app for fwd sms (in 2.2.1 n older)...video recording (cycoder software) is seprete via cydia...gashh whats this technology...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Picartman View Post
    Why doesn't Apple just make a manual for this phone. -_-
    What do you mean? Apple do make a manual for this phone. Do you mean you haven't read it?
    I must admit, I don't think I've ever read a manual in my life but to complain that there isn't one when it is available at http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/...User_Guide.pdf seems a bit strange.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default i cant get into genral in settings on my i phone
    kkkkkkkkk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    What do you mean? Apple do make a manual for this phone. Do you mean you haven't read it?
    I must admit, I don't think I've ever read a manual in my life but to complain that there isn't one when it is available at http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/...User_Guide.pdf seems a bit strange.
    It's also bookmarked in Safari as "iPhone User Guide" and the bookmarks screen comes up by default first time you open it up.

Thanks
    Default how to Forward multiple sms at one time (3G 3.0)
    open message chat
    click edit n u will see a little circle with each sms...just click on multiples...
    then u will see a button down..FoRWARD....press it.......n u r ready to go...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    You can't do this for music but in your list of movies slide your finger from the side of the name to the Icon of the movie and it will give you the option to delete

Green Apple
    Thanks

Don't think this one has been mentioned yet... Street view in maps application. When you enter and address or a drop pin you will see a little person to the left of the address... click it and you will see the 360 degree street view (only certain locations though).

Thanks

^Haha. I remember that one. It came with the 2.2 update
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Here's one:

The Iphone 3G doesn't go well with Alfredo sauce. It will mess it up.

Plus side to this? I now have a reason to get the 3GS!

Thanks

^Yeah and frosting kills the 3G's speaker too
    Unfortunately I'm above cheating apple and not rich/spoiled enough to get the 3GS
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for all the info.