Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Things You May Not Know

If you swipe leftward across the large gray title bar at the top, it takes you back to the previous page. Not sure why they've included so many ways to go back...

Question dead as a dirt iphone HELP
    I'm new to the blogging format here! So, bear with me! I bought an iphone off ebay and unlocked it here so hopefully someone will be able to rescue me from iphone hell. Actually, the problem...it won't turn on at all. Everything had been working fine until the other day when we plugged it in to charge. The screen went wacko and now will not function at all. Is there a magic reset button hidden somewhere? I've tried the normal home/switch/hold for ten...and nothing. I've tried setting up on itunes. Nothing. It's not registering on itunes at all nor responding to any other charger, usb, etc. Suggestions? I'd hate to have the phone and the $ down the tubes. Ya know?! Thanks

Banned
    Thanks

^^^This is not the correct place to be asking those types of questions...

I could use the parts if u wanna sell PM me if ur interested.

There's really no point to this thread... <_<

It's like three different posts, repeated again and again across seventeen pages.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to _ducky For This Useful Post:

cooteruk (01-13-2009)

If you Triple Click in Music it will go to the Previous track.
    If you find my Postings useful or interesting. Press the .... Thanks Button.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to chriscoyne For This Useful Post:

cooteruk (01-13-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by khayri View Post
    Hi!,

I have a question that I hope can be answered.

Im no longer receiving the option to "close" or "reply" when I get a new text message. Does anyone know how I can get that option back? Im on a 2.1 JB 3G....

Thanks!
    Lol! I am trying myself to get rid of that pop up for new incoming text. Well if you figure out how you did that then please let me know.

you can double tap the home button when your screen is locked to bring up music & volume control

you can tap the majigger hanging off your right earphone to answer the phone, when you have music playing you can double tap this to skip to next song, or single tap it to play/pause music.

those are some things i found out late i wish i hadda known earlier, makes listening to music allot easier.

Thanks

its always good to exercise your battery
    meaning every once in a while (I do it every month or so) you should drain your battery completely until it turns off by itself and then let it fully charge without disruption. this increases the life of the battery and is recommended for anything portable with a battery phones, mp3 playes, laptops etc.

PS: only do this on like a weekend when you know you dont have any important calls etc and you dont need it really.

Quote Originally Posted by reallynotnick View Post
    WTF is this supposed to do? Is there some sort of covering in front of the speaker and between the grill or something? I am not going to go poking needles into my iPhone anytime soon.
    That really works man! But it's kind of annoying. But it gets real loud! I had to edit the Sounds.plist and made it li'l lower. It gets too damn loud! But it really works. Remember! Your speakers are on the left hand side! haha, i remember how i was poking the right side (microphone), lol but it's all okay... Did't brake haha.

double clicking the home button launches the ipod feature

13. The Following User Says Thank You to icemanplh For This Useful Post:

cooteruk (01-13-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by BearZ View Post
    its always good to exercise your battery
    meaning every once in a while (I do it every month or so) you should drain your battery completely until it turns off by itself and then let it fully charge without disruption. this increases the life of the battery and is recommended for anything portable with a battery phones, mp3 playes, laptops etc.

PS: only do this on like a weekend when you know you dont have any important calls etc and you dont need it really.
    I agree absolutely, this holds true for all electronics with rechargable batteries. I worked in a cell phone shop for a while and many people would complain about bettery life but said that it was always on charge. Draining it absolutely until it can't go on one more second every now and then is a great idea.
    Jim N.
    www.iphoneresource.net
    Portal for Everything iPhone!

Thanks

I too had that belief. I spoke with the developer of FASTMAC, he said that is an old type battery scenario.
    He said the new lithiums dont work the same as old batteries. Said the "drain/recharge" does not apply?
    I was suprised. I cant prove anything, thats just what i was told (directly from the horses mouth) Just an FYI

when wanting to save any photo on the iphone from safari or mail just tap and hold down on it to bring up a menu to save the photo.
    "Answering 1 Question at a Time."

iPhone 4: 32GB iOS 4.1 JB
    MacBook Pro 13.3": 2.26ghz/4GB/160GB SL 10.6.5
    iMac 21.5": 3.06ghz/4GB/500GB SL 10.6.5

17. The Following User Says Thank You to cjgonzales1900 For This Useful Post:

cooteruk (01-13-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hold down the .com key for 1 second when entering a web address to get .org, .net, and .edu.

This also works with the period key when entering email an address
    Last edited by crazym0nkey01; 12-29-2008 at 10:02 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to crazym0nkey01 For This Useful Post:

ensigma (07-25-2009)

i did not know that o.O

you can view photos in landscape by turning ur phone 90 degrees to the side

You wont be able to hide the SMS notification but you can hide the content of SMS you receive.

You can deactivate that by going to Settings-General-Passcode Lock-Show SMS Preview.

Quote Originally Posted by ameraus View Post
    How do you remove videos that you record with the camera?
    I know a way thru ssh but thats about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TomFrost View Post
    In CoverFlow mode for your music, if you tap the absolute upper-left pixel on the display, you enter file-browsing mode where you can move/delete your music and photos.
    Hahahah i just tryed to do this like 200 times lol Good one

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast