+ Reply
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Things You May Not Know

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi i have an iPhone 3G when I open maps, and :click: the locate me button (corshair) it appears a big corshair in the map, but it never zoom in
    wPz
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hi
    i have an iPhone 3G
    when I open maps, and :click: the locate me button (corshair) it appears a big corshair in the map, but it never zoom in
    just stay in same place and doesnt show me has a blue dot

yesterday it worked, but here at my home it never find me
    how can i make it work fine?

Thnx

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

A couple of questions...I have a 1st generation iphone with 1.1.4 firmware. My reception is great everywhere except in my home but now I have a booster. I surf the web very quickly thru T-mobile. Does it make sense to further upgrade (to 2.0.2) my phone?
    I know that the iphone battery will die and so I called an Apple store about having them put in a new battery. They acted first like they knew nothing about installing one. Then when I explained that I knew a lot about it and wanted an answer yes or no, they became secretive. They tried to imply that if the iphone was under warranty, there would be no problem. I told them that when you charge over $399 for a cell phone, putting in a battery should not be a problem even if the phone is out of warranty. They agreed but the final clincher was that they refused to tell me what it would cost for this service over the phone. I was told to travel 30 miles to their location to get a quote. What do you think about this? If I attempt to install a battery (if you can find one) there is a chance that the phone could explode if the hot wire gets shorted out. Any opinions here?

Thanks

Default sweet
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitol View Post
    --hope so, although I'm still seeing some pretty lame posts going up.

-Digitol-

Sigh.. nobody else? OK well this is more of a useless hint, but and VERY OVERLOOKED App that has lived on our macs for years...is ImageCapture! Use this app to select which app launches when devices with photo content is plugged in. Also while on the topic, ImageCapture has some amazing sharing features, you can actually share your iphone on your network...transfer and view any pictures you took on your phone. activate it in the prefs. go to http://yourcomputername.local.:5100/ (or just your LAN/private IP) and have fun!
    -digitol-

And now that i FINALLY got a mac I can use it!
    Live Forever Or Die Trying!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    This one is a bit obvious after spending long enough time with your iPhone.

When hearing music or videos you can place your hand palm (preferably the right one) around the speakers of the phone in a semi cup shape. This will make a small echo space in your hand palm, making the sound being heard a lot louder

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Go to the calculator app on your iphone, turn your iphone horizontaly and your calculator turns into an scientific calculator...
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

6. The Following User Says Thank You to javiert30 For This Useful Post:

rodrocket (09-20-2009)

Thanks

If you hold the home and the power buttons for about 1 second and then release, you will get a snapshot of your iphone screen. Can be found in camera roll folder.
    sǝıƃolouɥɔǝʇ pǝɹıdsuı

iPhone? More like MyPhone jwilcox09's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iNasser View Post
    If you hold the home and the power buttons for about 1 second and then release, you will get a snapshot of your iphone screen. Can be found in camera roll folder.
    HAHA...Wow thats a pretty nice trick..Thanks

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

OMg there is so much uselesscrap being repeated over and OVER. yes we know double tapping leads to iPod controls and holding home and power leads to screenshot. You don't have to keep repeating it. And noobs. Don't just post a question here without even googling or searching or anything. This is a thread about tricks not a help forum. Holy crap you cold fill up at least 9 pages of nubs questions in here that don't get answered.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I just
    Last edited by CaptainChaos; 10-13-2008 at 11:28 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

need help with re-setting my iphone from a previous user and clearing out all her pics and songs... how can i re-set it to be my phone now????

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow exactly my point. Didn't even read my post TWO UP FROM THEIRS about questions. Just posts without searching.

Thanks

OMg there is so much uselesscrap being repeated over and OVER. yes we know double tapping leads to iPod controls and holding home and power leads to screenshot. You don't have to keep repeating it. And noobs. Don't just post a question here without even googling or searching or anything. This is a thread about tricks not a help forum. Holy crap you cold fill up at least 9 pages of nubs questions in here that don't get answered.
    lol seriously you need to calm down lol all that forum hype for what? your not gonna change peoples minds.....maybe he didnt want to read 16 pages....he just threw it in there to help, your hype is not necessary....really....
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default "Slide to Unlock"
    I did seach this thread - didn't see anything.

Is there any way to get rid of the "Slide to Unlock" screen? And just get the screen with icons?

Reason (perhaps i'm doing it incorrectly) - when the phone rings - I have to "Slide to Unlock" to answer (quite annoying)...

iPhone? More like MyPhone skizo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bteamer View Post
    I agree with the dumb kid.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I figured out that by tapping the page indicators on the home screen the pages of apps flip by themselves instead of having to swipe my finger across the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by udornf4 View Post
    I did seach this thread - didn't see anything.

Is there any way to get rid of the "Slide to Unlock" screen? And just get the screen with icons?

Reason (perhaps i'm doing it incorrectly) - when the phone rings - I have to "Slide to Unlock" to answer (quite annoying)...
    Yes. Click on Settings--->General--->Autolock--->Never. Then it will only go to the lock screen if you press the sleep key.
    Last edited by CaptainChaos; 10-24-2008 at 05:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    Go to the calculator app on your iphone, turn your iphone horizontaly and your calculator turns into an scientific calculator...
    we all know that post something new
    Last edited by heath_rox; 10-24-2008 at 06:12 AM.
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by teleport_77 View Post
    need help with re-setting my iphone from a previous user and clearing out all her pics and songs... how can i re-set it to be my phone now????

Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings

Takes about 30 min to an hour. Did it on my 16gb 3g phone with version 2.1 and took about an hour and a half.

iPhone? More like MyPhone vinodis's Avatar
    Thanks

You can DOUBLE TAP on the bottom Tab icons in AppStore/Media player applications to 'go one level up' in navigation.

Banned
    Thanks

Great ;-)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How do you remove videos that you record with the camera?