Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone with nextel

Default iphone with nextel
    If I got a iphone, would I be able to unlock it and use a nextel sim card with it? I have one of those hybrid phones.

Also, when you get a iphone, nothing works on it until you activate a plan with at&t, so you cannot use it as an ipod or get online with wifi?

If you just wanted to get an iphone and not use the phone, but use the internet and youtube and ipod what would you need to do?

Sorry for all the dumb questions, but I have been reading this forum and could not figure out how.

I guess what I would want is an itouch, but with the maps and email applications. I wish they would just come on the touch,

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by cleveland2382 View Post
    If I got a iphone, would I be able to unlock it and use a nextel sim card with it? I have one of those hybrid phones.

Also, when you get a iphone, nothing works on it until you activate a plan with at&t, so you cannot use it as an ipod or get online with wifi?

If you just wanted to get an iphone and not use the phone, but use the internet and youtube and ipod what would you need to do?

Sorry for all the dumb questions, but I have been reading this forum and could not figure out how.

I guess what I would want is an itouch, but with the maps and email applications. I wish they would just come on the touch,

Thanks in advance.

Can't do it. Nextel is in the 840MHz range, although a hybrid of GSM/TDMA it is outside of the GSM range. Sprint is CDMA. so its a no go on both fronts.

You can bypass activation for the other features (for use via wifi) and ipod function

3. The Following User Says Thank You to amnesia For This Useful Post:

cleveland2382 (09-12-2007)

Thanks for the help. Im so clueless with all of this stuff. So how do you bypass activation?

Do you think things that the iphone has that the touch does not have (maps, email app etc...) will be able to be added later on? Thanks again.