+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WiFi not staying connected

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have a 2G Iphone jailbroken/unlocked with quickpwn running 2.2. Everything working great until a couple of days ago wifi started acting up. The phone sees wireless networks, seems to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default WiFi not staying connected
    I have a 2G Iphone jailbroken/unlocked with quickpwn running 2.2. Everything working great until a couple of days ago wifi started acting up. The phone sees wireless networks, seems to join for a few seconds but cannot stay connected. Just drops the wifi after about 15seconds even though it is still showing a good signal.

I turned security off on one of the routers and it does not matter.

I restored 2.2 and re jailbroke and unlocked (cydia/installer/unlock) using quickpwn on PC. Exact same problem.

Any suggestions?? I did see a post to maybe restore to 1.1.4 then back to 2.2 and rerun quickpwn.

Thanks for the help.
    Jill

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

seems there is a lot of people with that problem.i dont think there is good fix for that .If your still under warranty try going back to apple store

My iPhone is a Part of Me dejawoo's Avatar
    Thanks

Try these one by one
    *Forget the network/turn wifi off,turn it back on/Select the network again
    *On router,use Wpa or Wpa2 instead of Web
    *On router use 64bit instead of 128bit security
    *Reset&reboot your router
    *Reboot your phone
    *Renew lease on your phone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I seem to got it figured out:

We have 3 iphones in the house. For some reason if my iphone connects to the wireless network before my husbands, his will not connect. However, if I disconnect mine and then connect his he stays on just fine. I can then reconnect. Crazy but it works.

Cheers,
    Jill

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JillRide44 View Post
    I seem to got it figured out:

We have 3 iphones in the house. For some reason if my iphone connects to the wireless network before my husbands, his will not connect. However, if I disconnect mine and then connect his he stays on just fine. I can then reconnect. Crazy but it works.

Cheers,
    Jill
    We have 3 iphone in our house, sometimes 4 when my oldest comes home from college. What I noticed is that whenmy son comes home it messes up my connection. What I do is go into my router and see that the IP of my iphone is not resolving. What I did was rename my iphone on the network to a unique name. How the router I have does it, is to assign any new device a name "new-host", "new-host-1", etc ... I renamed the iphones to unique names, and so far so good.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just today my phone was working fine. Now that you mention it , my 2.2 firmware 1st gen iphone was connecting fine before my roomate came home from class and it was connecting for 10 seconds then disconnecting. Now it wont even connect to the network I'm gonna see if thats my problem...