+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: wifi problem with 1st gen unlocked

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
so my wifi is sporadic at its best moments, but mostly non existent, and i'm using it currently on two other computers- its an airport extreme router that is set
    iPhone? More like MyPhone punklove's Avatar
    Thanks

Default wifi problem with 1st gen unlocked
    so my wifi is sporadic at its best moments, but mostly non existent, and i'm using it currently on two other computers- its an airport extreme router that is set up perfectly, as are all devices- ive rechecked so many times its unreal- im using a basic WEP- have also used macfilters, and same problems- i noticed this problem starting after my 2.1 update, then with the 2.2 update it just got horrible- although it did work long enough for me to SSH themes and ROMs- but shortly thereafter disappeared to sporadically return for fleeting moments-

iphone doesnt connect in known areas, doesnt even pull up networks most of the time- i know others have experienced the same issues-
    and many have reported that restoring is ineffective-

some have reported success by going back to 1.1.4 then back to 2.2- but that seems excessive, especially for a maybe-

i dont want to restore, if i can avoid it- nor do i want to try to deal with an apple store- im praying it isnt hardware- but the online warranty site says im good for a few more months.

im on tmobile with 2.2, and a 1st gen 8g

any help?
    happiness is a warm iphone~~~~

Thanks

i had to restore. it fixed it for me. wifi seems to be a common issue with the jailbreak process....for me anyways
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.