Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: So how is the iPhone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default So how is the iPhone
    I have been reading alot about the iPhone both good/bad
    I am currently with VZM and was thinking of changing to ATT due to the iPhone. I will be using it for work as well so would need email/web which all PDA's have.

ATT service & iPhone worth changing?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,279 Times in 652 Posts

Well uh its a phone, web device, and media device.

- it is a good phone, not amazing but not bad
    - it is the best email / web device I have used.
    - it is the best music / video device I have used

Thanks

The email, calendar, and browser are fantastic in my opinion. This is the nicest device I've ever seen.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9&dateline=1181485574

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ColsTiger View Post
    The email, calendar, and browser are fantastic in my opinion. This is the nicest device I've ever seen.
    it is the nicest device for sure. just haven't heard positive remarks for ATT.
    hate to wait but just might give it time or when the iPhone2 comes out.
    well just might get it sooner, unless I'm wrong, all updates are software base so the look of the iPhone is not going to change right?

Quote Originally Posted by barfer View Post
    unless I'm wrong, all updates are software base so the look of the iPhone is not going to change right?
    No one can possibly say that for sure. But the way apple works, i'm sure that the updates for iPhone 1.0 will be pretty nice.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

I've had no problems with AT&T yet in my area (Tampa).

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,279 Times in 652 Posts

ATT is golden in Denver

AT&T is great as long as you don't have to call them to fix a problem... of course this can be said for many cell carriers, cable tv companies, residential phone service, etc.

My iPhone took 46 hours to activate but that was primarily due to an old legacy at&t wireless account combined with obsolete sim cards - together these issues stumped the highly trained iphone activation team.

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

The iPhone is one fun cell phone to use! The touchscreen is awesome!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by editwizard View Post
    AT&T is great as long as you don't have to call them to fix a problem... of course this can be said for many cell carriers, cable tv companies, residential phone service, etc.

My iPhone took 46 hours to activate but that was primarily due to an old legacy at&t wireless account combined with obsolete sim cards - together these issues stumped the highly trained iphone activation team.
    it sure is with soo many providers out there. thanks for all ur feedbacks. More or less I will end up changing service once the iPhone sw is out or if the rumor iPhone2 comes out.

iphone 2, from what I've heard, isn't actually a second iphone for the states. It's just the iphone for the europe/asia markets that Apple intends to release in early '08. That's all

But getting back on topic for the post, I love my iPhone. It's the best handset I've owned hands down. In the last 8 months I had the LG CU500 (crap), the Sony Ericsson w810i, the RAZR v3xx, Blackberry Pearl, Blackberry Curve and the iPhone. iPhone spanks all of them. The w810i and V3xx I think might have been just as good if not a little bit better for reception (while the BB's and the LG sucked it up). The iPhone's media player is amazing compared to all other phones out there (how easy it is, how sexy it looks). It beats any other phone for surfing the web (other phone's like at&t's 8525 have wifi/3g instead of wifi/EDGE but you still can't view the full web). The touch screen in amazing on the iPhone, it only reacts to your fingers' touch, so wiping the screen off (which gets nasty with finger prints a lot) with a lint-free cloth wont get you accidentally opening some applications. Not only will it only react only to your finger, but it's ultra scratch resistant. This phone can take a beating.

All the little software quirks aside (as I'm sure Apple will fix those in the upcoming updates) this phone is by far the best on the market today, from any carrier (IMO). Here's hoping video support, MMS, and streaming stereo bluetooth are all included in those updates!

-AidenN-

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aidenn View Post
    All the little software quirks aside (as I'm sure Apple will fix those in the upcoming updates)
    That right there is why the iPhone will conquer the other phones in the industry.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Well I don't own an iPhone YET. But after going over to the Apple store close to work today I was quickly amazed. I was shocked to see how responsive the device is. It moves thru the menus with ease and feels smooth. I also looked at how it doesn't feel bulky. In my hands it feels just right. I did some test calls on it and connection was clear and louder than my current v3xx Razr. I loved how the screen is bright. It shows everything clear enough to be read in front of you. I was worried of having to squint. I also loved how videos are displayed and loved the cover flow. Its simply awesome. I figure that if I bought a 8gb Nano for $250 and a new Razr full price at $299. And AT&T would make me full price since I'm an existing customer, why not just get an iPhone and get a phone/music/video/internet device all in one? I can't wait to get mine. I want the 8 gb version and now I'm looking for the perfect case. So if anybody recommends a certain case let me know so I can have a look at it.