+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Archiving/extracting iPhone voicemail (automatic script)

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
As many of you probably know, the iPhone stores the audio files for Visual Voicemail locally for offline playback. These exist as numbered AMR audio files in the /private/var/mobile/Library/Voicemail directory.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Cool Archiving/extracting iPhone voicemail (automatic script)
    As many of you probably know, the iPhone stores the audio files for Visual Voicemail locally for offline playback.

These exist as numbered AMR audio files in the /private/var/mobile/Library/Voicemail directory. If you transfer these files to your Mac, they can be played back natively through QuickTime Player.

AT&T now seems to purge voicemail messages older than one month, so if you need to save voicemail for archival purposes, you can copy these files from your iPhone.

I wrote a simple script last year that generates friendly filenames for these AMR files, making it much easier to organize archived voicemail messages. This script runs locally on your iPhone and requires that you have awk and the sqlite3 command line installed through Cydia.

I have attached it here in case it proves helpful to you.

Cheers,
    Daron
    Attached Files Attached Files

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default retreive voicemail
    i assume there is no way a voicemail can be retreived once cleared by my provider

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Re: retreive voicemail
    This reply only comes 14 months too late, but to be completely specific, you can archive any voicemail whose AMR file exists on your iPhone, regardless of what your carrier has done on their voicemail system. Odds are, if your carrier archives or purges the voicemail, it will disappear from your iPhone not long after, but not necessarily, and especially not if you are offline.