Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak + unlock question

Default Jailbreak + unlock question
    Hi I was wondering. If I get a iPhone 1.xx for example or even a 2.0 locked phone. I have the quipwn software and the 2.2 fw files. But do I need to unlock and jailbreak in sequential order or can I just unlock and jailbreak an AT&T iPhone straight to the 2.2 firmware and unock it?

I've already unlocked and jailbroke my iPhone to a 2.2. But that's because it was at 2.1 prior to me touching it. Just need some confirmation.

Thanks

Nope, you can jump right to 2.2 from wherever you are and unlock/jailbreak from there.
    Respect your elders.

Thanks so much all day! So just run my regular iTunes to put it into restore mode then to quickpwn to jailbreak and unlock right? I really appreciate your help!

Thanks

Yep. iClarified is apparently having some problems right now, but there are quite a few helpful guides for you on there.
    Respect your elders.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Plug into iTunes and hit the restore button and let it do it's thing. Next run quickpwn 2.2 to jailbreak and unlock. Bootloader files can be downloaded here Firmwares - Page - iPhoneFreakz

i think something went wrong, i was able to run quickpwn, get to the homescreen on the iphone but when i put the tmo sim card in it, theres no signal bars or carrier name, i can't make outbound calls? any ideas?

Please help!!!

is it an issue with the baseband?

so far under settings it says:
    version 2.2 (5G77)
    Carrier (null)

someone please help me!
    i've tried to restore it to original 2.2 4 times now, and use quickpwn, i have all the files on my desktop, it just runs its course but i remember last time it had me browse for the bin files which i know are important when unlocking, however i dont see that option anymore, how do i know its using those files? any help is very appreciated

im not sure its picking up my bin files?? i remember the first time i ran through it, it had me browse for the bin files in quickpwn. now it just runs through it once it finds the ipsw 2.2 fw file.

i think it just jailbroke it, because when i put a att sim card it gets the signals and works fine, when i put my tmo sim i get the plug usb and connect to itunes screen and it lets me just make an emergency call. does that mean it just jailbroke and didnt unlock?
    Last edited by jm3as; 2009-01-13 at 03:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

is this a 3g or a 1st gen?

Thanks

^He said in the first post it was on 1.1.x before...
    Respect your elders.

Thanks

!st gen or 3G iphone? Are you on a Mac or a PC? I can tell you the reason you don't have signal is most likely b/c ur jailbroken and activated but not unlocked.

Ok I read your other thread (which I deleted)... and you're explaining 2 different issues. I see you're on a first gen phone and quickpwn knows where the bin files are already so it doesn't need to ask for them anymore. The way Quickpwn works is it only activates the phone for the SIM card in the phone during the process. If you switch SIM cards you get the "different sim detected" and it goes back to the slide to emergency screen. At this point you'd have to DFU restore to 2.2 and re-run Quickpwn with the new SIM in it. If you don't think your phone is unlocked then download Bootneuter from Cydia and run it manually.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 2009-01-13 at 04:15 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    ^He said in the first post it was on 1.1.x before...
    Actually he didn't say, he said "If I get a iPhone 1.xx for example". This isn't clear. He said hypothetically, like he hadn't purchased a phone yet.

You see what happens is people make assumptions and then in return give wrong advice. We need as much information as possible to make an educated suggestion.

i have the phone on hand now. its a 1st gen 2g 8gb iphone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jm3as View Post
    i have the phone on hand now. its a 1st gen 2g 8gb iphone.
    Cool. Follow Poseidon79's advice, even though I hate to trust an Austin Wierdo

13. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (2009-01-13)

Thanks

"Keep Austin Weird" Go Horns!.... and Spurs ha

Thanks

Just saw a "Keep Austin Weird" Bumper sticker on the way home. Actually Austin kicks @$$, take the trip when ever I can.

yea i dont think its unlocked. i've never used bootneuter but i downloaded it over cydia. it selected 4.6 for me automatically, do i turn neuter and unlock to on and then click flash?

the bootneuter screen for some reason kind of has a dim tint to it and it just stays that way, i've restarted the iphone already, any ideas?
    Last edited by jm3as; 2009-01-13 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Actually he didn't say, he said "If I get a iPhone 1.xx for example". This isn't clear. He said hypothetically, like he hadn't purchased a phone yet.

You see what happens is people make assumptions and then in return give wrong advice. We need as much information as possible to make an educated suggestion.
    It is then inferred from his sentence structure that he's pondering the thought of buying a 2G phone...

This may have been easier for me to grasp since I've been talking to him via PM's and actually know, but whatever, it's resolved now.
    Last edited by ALL DAY; 2009-01-13 at 05:54 AM.
    Respect your elders.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    It is then inferred from his sentence structure that he's pondering the thought of buying a 2G phone...

This may have been easier for me to grasp since I've been talking to him via PM's and actually know, but whatever, it's resolved now.
    I agree but he could have gotten a 3g after is pondering and we could of made an assumption about using winpwn when he should be using yellowsn0w. My beef is not with you, I just want people to be more specific when they ask questions. It is like the people who post "My phone not working, now what?" If you were PMing with the dude then that makes sense. Oh well, nothing but love bro

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I agree but he could have gotten a 3g after is pondering and we could of made an assumption about using winpwn when he should be using yellowsn0w. My beef is not with you, I just want people to be more specific when they ask questions. It is like the people who post "My phone not working, now what?" If you were PMing with the dude then that makes sense. Oh well, nothing but love bro
    Ye, I know and I see what you mean... Most definitely man.
    Respect your elders.

i went and did the jailbreak through quickpwn, and i flashed the baseband and neutered the phone through bootneuter, the phone is now unlocked and everything works perfectly. however, now when the phone is on edge, the edge icon is blue, and the person i unlocked it for is using their original tmobile blackberry data plan 19.99, just like i'm using. i dont have to put in any apn or anything and it works just fine, however they can't get theirs to work. the edge icon is blue, they've reset their network settings, and when they go to safari and try to type in google.com, it just shows it trying to load the page but nothing ever comes up. any suggestions?

thanks again for everyones constant help through this process. and my apologies for not being specific enough in the forefront