Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Swapping colors when using warranty exchange?

iPhone? More like MyPhone kjack05's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Swapping colors when using warranty exchange?
    Im fixing to have my phone replaced under warranty for dust under the screen, have already talked to apple support and was told it is cause for replacement. Now my question is, will they let me go from white to black? I have read around that white ones have the screen leak issue more than black ones which causes the dust under the screen.

What do you think? Will they possibly let me? any ideas on how they might let me go to black?
    If I helped you dont be afraid to click thanks

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

They might if you make the case that you have heard that the black ones have fewer issues (although I don;t see why they really would). Or, they may just be nice and let you do it anyway. They just have a bunch of refurbs sitting around anyhow. I would just ask the guy at the store
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Tell them the black one matches your shoes better if your talking to a girl genius or if its a guy say you need it so you can call it your blackbook. LOL. Apple store they are really nice about it and should be able to. Not like your asking them for a GB upgrade. Worse come to worse wear your I love Steve shirt...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

My friend went from a black one to a white one when his got replaced by Apple. But I think they didn't have a black one to offer him. Just ask, I am sure they can hook it up.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

NO....stay white

And I really doubt the case color is the issue.

Ive had a white one since day 1, with no issues at all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    NO....stay white

And I really doubt the case color is the issue.

Ive had a white one since day 1, with no issues at all.
    Are you sure? I read a report that the white iphone reflects heat and ends up running too cold. Then if you do a lot of surfing the phone gets warmer causing condensation. In the report the white one was pouring water out of the sync port. I would stick with the black one. J/K

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

^But see, if you get the black one it will generate heat if you happen to be walking through the dessert and streaming music....thus melting the internal parts and streaming molten metal all over you causing severe burns

Thanks

^I have read reports about that too. I guess the old silver metal back was a better design.

But the white one has healing powers and the black one casts attack spells. Oh wait were talking about phones and not RPG's...

iPhone? More like MyPhone kjack05's Avatar
    Thanks

No dice, Asked on the phone and was told she doesnt have control over that, that the computer generates the color code through the serial for which one to send you. Might of had morel luck at an apple store, but they are all so far away from me.
    If I helped you dont be afraid to click thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Are you sure? I read a report that the white iphone reflects heat and ends up running too cold. Then if you do a lot of surfing the phone gets warmer causing condensation. In the report the white one was pouring water out of the sync port. I would stick with the black one. J/K
    what wigged out dope smokin hippie came up with that bulls*&^ theory? It's a cell phone, not a volvo.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    what wigged out dope smokin hippie came up with that bulls*&^ theory? It's a cell phone, not a volvo.
    Haha, i second that