+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question about buying an iPhone and use it in Canada

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I live in Canada, but I really wanna get an iPhone. I've two quick Qs. Hope i can get some help here. 1. Does the recent price drop affect the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Question about buying an iPhone and use it in Canada
    I live in Canada, but I really wanna get an iPhone. I've two quick Qs. Hope i can get some help here.

1. Does the recent price drop affect the market price of an unlocked iPhone and where should I buy the phone from?

2. Will I be able to use the iPhone through the WiFi at home and school or some other free WiFi sourse?

Thanks a lot in advance

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enochpeng View Post
    I live in Canada, but I really wanna get an iPhone. I've two quick Qs. Hope i can get some help here.

1. Does the recent price drop affect the market price of an unlocked iPhone and where should I buy the phone from?

2. Will I be able to use the iPhone through the WiFi at home and school or some other free WiFi sourse?

Thanks a lot in advance
    no, the price does not. Unlocked phones are not factory-unlocked. They are ATT phones that have been unlocked either by the hardware unlock method or software unlock. Prices for these phones on ebay range to over 1K so don't expect to get anywhere close to retail price for them. As for wifi, yes, it is compatible with most b/g wifi routers.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

THanks for your info. So would I be able to unlock the iPhone myself since it will save me a fortune. Also, if the school wifi requires a browser window to access the network, would it work too?

Thanks again