+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: First my screen, now my camera...any help?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys...about a month ago I had a cracked LCD I posted looking for help. Well I got that fixed but now my camera doesn't work. When I open the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default First my screen, now my camera...any help?
    Hey guys...about a month ago I had a cracked LCD I posted looking for help.

Well I got that fixed but now my camera doesn't work. When I open the camera app the little shutter image comes up but when it opens all it shows is a black screen and I can't snap a photo.

Anyone know of a fix for this?

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

I would start with a restore.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

restore didn't help. that was the first thing I tried

Thanks

If your phone is Jailbroken I'd start off by seeing if one of the alternative applications such as Snapture work. That way you'll know if it's a hardware or software problem.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Did it just stop working all of the sudden or did something happento it ( such as getting it wet, leaving it in the sun, dropping it. Etc.)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah, it had stopped working awhile ago, shortly after that my iphone went down to a cracked LCD. I got that replaced and upgraded to 2.2 and it is still broken.

I downloaded a couple of other camera apps to test and they all do the same thing. Show the black screen and when I snap the picture it just hangs until I hit the home button. THe included camera app doesn't even allow me to hit the button to take the picture.

If I can't fix this Im going back to my blackberry...I bought the phone off a guy from a Univeristy close to mine (he goes to University of Alabama in Huntsville, and I go to Alabama A&M) It was an impulse buy but I can't get in contact with him..according to apple's site the phone is under warranty. Could I take it in and get a replacement without him?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I would try bringing it to apple. Even without a warranty they will at least tell you whats wrong and what needs to be done.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Miro89's Avatar
    Thanks

hi, did u make sure that you connected everything back the way it was after replacing the LCD? Maybe the probelem is that you missed the connection of the camera and/or something else that is affecting the camera?

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King C Wat View Post
    Yeah, it had stopped working awhile ago, shortly after that my iphone went down to a cracked LCD. I got that replaced and upgraded to 2.2 and it is still broken.

I downloaded a couple of other camera apps to test and they all do the same thing. Show the black screen and when I snap the picture it just hangs until I hit the home button. THe included camera app doesn't even allow me to hit the button to take the picture.

If I can't fix this Im going back to my blackberry...I bought the phone off a guy from a Univeristy close to mine (he goes to University of Alabama in Huntsville, and I go to Alabama A&M) It was an impulse buy but I can't get in contact with him..according to apple's site the phone is under warranty. Could I take it in and get a replacement without him?
    So its been broke. And has nothing to do with your LCD. You can replace the camera, but software aint gonna help it. I would check the connection on the back of the mainboard first.

Quote Originally Posted by Miro89 View Post
    hi, did u make sure that you connected everything back the way it was after replacing the LCD? Maybe the probelem is that you missed the connection of the camera and/or something else that is affecting the camera?
    The camera module is connected to the logicboard from underneath.

So, yeah. It is possible you need to check the cable/connection.

There shouldnt have been no way for it to come loose though, unless someone was messing with the inside of the phone.

And replacing the LCD should have had nothing to do with it.....cause you dont remove the mainboard to do so AND the connection is underneath.
    Last edited by cpjr; 01-06-2009 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Hardware definitely isnt your fault. If the phone is still under warranty, make sure it isnt jailbroken and take it in. Dont mention about fixing the screen because the second you open you phone, you technically void the warranty...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I didn't replace the LCD myself. I sent it to the people over at ipodjuice.com. They told me to send it back to them. If they can't fix it I'll I'll try to take it to narnia

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the same problem, but it appears we're not the only ones. It looks like a software issue.

Apple - Support - Discussions - Camera not working, black screen ...

Read into that forum.