Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone replacement

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default iphone replacement
    I just got off the phone with apple customer care about my phone having horizonal lines across the screen and the battery not keeping a charge and they are going to send me a replacement overnight and then I have to send my phone back to them. My question is with my phone being jailbroke and unlocked (still on at&t) if I just restore through Itunes it will take the jailbreak off and lock the phone back to original right???
    My phone is a 2g 8gb running 2.2 fw. I have to send my phone back to them so they can look at it to make sure that the problem falls under the warranty. Any info would be great.

What's Jailbreak? bulletproofcupid's Avatar
    Near Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire, England
    Thanks

As far as I know, when you restore through iTunes to default you have done the trick and would need to jailbreak again. Therefore you should be fine BUT a friend has told me recently that apple have a way of checking how many times you have restored, but I would say, if they ask why you restored, tell them your iPhone kept hanging when you made calls (as this is a problem once in a while). Good luck ;-)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bulletproofcupid For This Useful Post:

bookem15 (01-05-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone itsjustlenny's Avatar
    Thanks

i've actually had my iphone replace a while back, its a 3g maybe about 3 months ago. and it was jailbroken. they have this software on their pc to kinda like check your iphone for any issues. they checked my iphone and said they saw some issues and they replaced it. thats it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to itsjustlenny For This Useful Post:

bookem15 (01-05-2009)

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Anything is possible but restoring has worked for me in th epast both on the 2G and 3G (dead pixel issues on both, but it WAS only days after using/opening it)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

bookem15 (01-05-2009)

what's apples replacemnt policy for dead pixels? mine is brand new only 3 days old and it had 1 dead pixel when i firts opend it. it comes and goes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkin View Post
    what's apples replacemnt policy for dead pixels? mine is brand new only 3 days old and it had 1 dead pixel when i firts opend it. it comes and goes though.

Dang man that sucks, you should just get a replacement at no charge.