Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is this covered under warranty?

Default Is this covered under warranty?
    Hi, I just recently got a brand new refurbished apple iphone 4gb from the apple website and noticed that there was a light leakage on the screen. It's about the size of a . and it's on the left and right side. If I go to an apple store, will I get a replacement? Is it covered under warranty? What if they don't have anymore 4GB, will they give me the 8GB instead? Should I wait until my warranty is almost over and take advantage and get a replacement?

Leakage? im assuming your talking about a bad pixel.

If you just got it and something is wrong, they should warranty it (But then again, I dont know if the warranty is different on a Refurb). They will give you another 4gb, they dont run out.

No, not bad pixel. A light shining out, kind of like this one.

But mine is not that bad, it's only a size of a . and I only have two of them. One on the left, one on the right.

Yes, that would be a bad pixel. If its the size of a "." its a bad pixel. The LCD isnt displaying the image in that spot, only the backlight is showing through.

Oh, my bad. On the other forums they call it light leaking so yeah. So it is covered warranty right? If it is, does it matter when I take it in? (Eg. I take it in when there is 3 month left of warranty)