+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroken Iphone 3g receiving little or no signal

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have recently jailbroke my iphone 3g version 2.1 and I went from receiving a full strength signal to a 1 bar and often no signal. I have went around
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Jailbroken Iphone 3g receiving little or no signal
    I have recently jailbroke my iphone 3g version 2.1 and I went from receiving a full strength signal to a 1 bar and often no signal. I have went around town and in some parts I get 5 bars but in most parts I do not. I know it is not a hardware issue because I have not inflicted any damage to it and it just went from a working cell phone to semi-working one.

I have looked through the threads and I have tried everything under the sun. I tried using ziphone to erase baseband, DFU mode, restore again and still no luck.

Can anyone help me fix this problem??

Thanks

I'd say you should try and upgrade to 2.2... One of it's features seems to have been improved service. You can always take it to an Apple store and see if they'll swap it out for you as well.
    Respect your elders.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am nervous about taking it to the Apple store to swap it out because I am afraid that they will open it up and notice the "Do Not Remove" sticker from the inside being half ripped off. Can I still manage to pull off an exchange without them realizing I jailbroke it or removed half of the sticker?