Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Adding files to iPhone

Exclamation Adding files to iPhone
    Is there a forum or guide you can point me to that tells how to add files to my phone. I would like to add some of the apps and downloads here on modmyi but I think I am going in the wrong direction. One thing I would like to do is change my carrier logo to one of the ones you have on here but I can only seem to download it to my computer. How do I get it from there to my iphone? I have open ssh on my iphone and i have a file I started on my laptop called winscp that has that and iphonebrowser in it, but I am not sure how to connect the two to put the files on my iphone. Talk about flying totally blind on the downlow. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by number johnny 5; 01-02-2009 at 08:11 PM. Reason: bad spelling

iPhone? More like MyPhone captainjapanicq's Avatar
    Thanks

# Make a note of your iPhone’s IP address. To find this, on your iPhone go to Settings > WiFi and tap on the blue arrow to the right of the name of your home network. On the screen that comes up, note the set of numbers listed in the IP Address field.
    # Turn SSH On, on the iPhone. With BossPrefs and other similar applications, this is just a matter of tapping on the SSH entry to toggle it on and off. Please Note: it is good idea to make sure you toggle SSH back off when you are through using it.
    # Launch your SSH app on your computer. WinSCP will land you on a new ‘Session’ screen straight away.
    Hostname or Server = enter your iPhone’s IP address in this field
    File Protocol = should be SCP on WinSCP
    Username = enter ‘root’ (without the quotes) in this field
    Password = enter ‘alpine’ in this field (without the quotes) or whatever you have changed root’s password to, if you have ever changed it.
    # Once you have entered the information as above, hit ‘Login’ on WinSCP

Once connected you can drag and drop the files from your pc into the iphone.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to captainjapanicq For This Useful Post:

number johnny 5 (01-02-2009)

Once I get that done,(which I already have, thanks to you) how do I apply the files. I.E. a new carrier logo?