+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Qustion about an old problem

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys. I took my phone into the Apple Store in Birmingham, Alabama, and got them to give me a new one. My old 3G 16 gig White iPhone had
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default New Qustion about an old problem
    Hey guys. I took my phone into the Apple Store in Birmingham, Alabama, and got them to give me a new one. My old 3G 16 gig White iPhone had been giving me some problems with the battery life.

They were quick to talk to me, and gladly gave me a new phone. Now, while i'm sure it's a refurb, it's in flawless condition (as I'm sure they just slapped a new shell on it).

Problem is, I can tell there is a very noticeable (at least to me) yellowish tent to the screen. This was a problem I read a lot about when the phone first launched, but my day 1 3G phone didn't suffer the problem.

The phone is on 2.2 out of the box. Do you think if I brought it in, it would be something they would care enough to exchange again, or am I just stuck with it... Or is there a way people have found around the problem?

I notice that when I tilt the phone, and look at it from a right angle, there is a very yellowish tone to the light. Strangely enough, when tilted where I look at the phone from the left side, it seems like it's white light.

Anyways, any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Okay, I'm not sure about this but I think I remember it being found that a restore to the yellow-tinted phones would fix the issue... It's always worth a try to take it into Apple, though.

Hope this helps!
    Respect your elders.