+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Chat icon in header and I don't know why

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi! All of a sudden a chat icon showed up in my header bar right next to the battery icon. It is grey on the home screen and red/orange with
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Chat icon in header and I don't know why
    Hi!

All of a sudden a chat icon showed up in my header bar right next to the battery icon. It is grey on the home screen and red/orange with a program open.

I have one chat program installed - Palringo, but it's off, and there are no messages or anything there. I have no text messages, no waiting emails. My other programs that have some sort of messaging related function (facebook, twinkle, myspace), all have no waiting messages.

I did use winterboard to change icons recently, but can't figure out why this has showed up all of a sudden, and comes back after a reboot. Any ideas?

iPhone? More like MyPhone captainjapanicq's Avatar
    Thanks

After reboot use Mobile terminal and the TOP command to see if there are any Palringo process running, or any other chat applications that may be starting up on reboot.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by captainjapanicq View Post
    After reboot use Mobile terminal and the TOP command to see if there are any Palringo process running, or any other chat applications that may be starting up on reboot.

Thanks for your reply. Cydia isn't working for me at the moment (I think the sources are down or something, but even if it were not, it says mobileterminal isn't ready for 2.x yet.

Is there any other thing to use? I have the winterboard processes installed, and see just phone, mail, and safari.

Also, if it makes any difference, the chat icon has an exclamation point in it.

I'm doubtful it has to do with palringo, as I rarely ever use it.

Hi again,

OK, I've got mobile terminal installed.

I'm clueless. I don't know how to run the top command, I was hoping it was simple, so I just typed the word "top", but it says "command not found". Can you explain to a terminal newbie how to do this?

OOps, it merged my reply, instead of posting a new one:

Hi again,

OK, I've got mobile terminal installed.

I'm clueless. I don't know how to run the top command, I was hoping it was simple, so I just typed the word "top", but it says "command not found". Can you explain to a terminal newbie how to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by jettrue View Post

Ok, why is this bulletin merging all my posts as duplicate posts? They are NOT duplicate, they are NOT bumps, I am posting NEW information. GRRR.

Ok, for those out there that are maybe doing the same as me, I got the TOP command to work like this:

1. typed "su" in terminal to become root
    2. typed "alpine" as the password
    3. typed "apt-get install top" to install top
    4. typed "top"

This is what I get. I don't think any of it is palringo.

Why do I have a chat icon in my header! LOL, it is driving me NUTS!
    Last edited by jettrue; 01-01-2009 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone itsjustlenny's Avatar
    Thanks

do you have mcleaner, iblacklist, maybe a notifier???? all of these apps would put a chat icon next to your battery icon.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Take a screenshot of it and post it here. Hold the home key and then press the power button. Upload it to photobucket and then on here. They would be better able to tell you what exactly is going on.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.